Why is Microsoft Windows so popular
Microsoft: Windows 7 is still popular
It's been about a year since Microsoft discontinued general free support for Windows 7. This does not prevent many people from continuing to use the OS, as confirmed by user statistics from portals such as Statcounter and W3counter. According to this, 18 percent of all reported browser statistics worldwide report Windows 7 as the operating system. This applies to all desktop operating systems on Statcounter, where Android and iOS are excluded.
- Quanos Content Solutions GmbH, Nuremberg
- NEXPLORE Technology GmbH, Darmstadt, Munich, Essen
W3Counter includes these in the count, which is why the proportion here is significantly lower at 9.52 percent. However, Windows 10 is not as dominant as initially assumed with 19.5 percent. In second place is Android 10 with 14.71 percent. IOS 14 is ahead of Windows 7 with 11.25 percent.
The Netmarketshare portal reports a desktop share of 19.71 percent for Windows 7, which roughly corresponds to the data from Statcounter. However, the site itself states that these results are no longer likely to be accurate, as switching browsers makes the tracking technology incompatible.
Big differences between countries
Interesting: In industrial nations like Germany, Windows 7 has a far lower share - at least if we trust the data from Statcounter. Only 8.32 percent of desktop systems still use the operating system. In India, which is currently largely categorized as an emerging market, the proportion of Windows 7 machines is 30.83 percent. The average in Europe is 12.5 percent.
- Microsoft 365 Security Workshop
9-11 June 2021, online
Windows 7, although it is officially discontinued, can still be provided with updates for a fee. In Germany, various federal authorities have made use of this in order to have more time for an OS changeover. Providers such as Netmarketshare, W3counter and Statcounter obtain their data from the information returned by browsers through tracking. In theory, they therefore represent a large proportion of the devices as long as they visit websites that are also customers of the providers mentioned.
- If 1 is equal to 0 9999999999999
- Are your messages activated?
- Do chess players have a high IQ
- Why can't I delete messages on Quora?
- What would trigger a zombie apocalypse?
- How real is the TV show survivor
- How do you deal with rude customers
- Why are Audis so popular in China
- Can milk cause obesity
- How can I become a top seller
- What do other countries think of Belgium?
- How's Boston in the summer
- What chiropractic treatment is used by chiropractors
- Why are computers more intelligent than humans
- Are all OECD countries developed
- Can you recommend a great sunscreen
- What are the best consulting company websites
- Is this sentence correct 4
- How Much Protein Should a Beginner Take
- Which area code is 651 of
- Artificial intelligent computers can do our work
- What is information
- Why are people leaving you
- Who are law enforcement agencies