What is half a 1 3 cup
American Cup to Milliliter Conversion Table
In English-language cookbooks and in international recipes is often from Cups instead of liter or Milliliters the speech. The only difference is that cups are not nearly the same size and the question quickly arises:
How many milliliters are in a cup? And how many ml is 1/2 or 1/4 cup?
We have put together a table here in which the conversion of US cups into milliliters and grams is listed.
There a American Cup are equal to 236,588 milliliters and a British Cup equals 284.131 milliliters, we rounded the values. This is absolutely fine for the recipes and has no effect on the result.
Most cookbooks also refer to an American cup rather than the British one. The difference between these two dimensions is not very great. Nevertheless, you should be careful here, especially with large quantities, and, if necessary, read it again.
⚖️ Table: Converting cups into milliliters, grams and tablespoon (TBSP, German tablespoon)
(Water, milk, broth)
|Sugar or oil||Flour|
|3 cups||720 ml||48 TBSP||675 g||360 g|
|2 cups||480 ml||32 TBSP||450 g||240 g|
|1 cup||240 ml||16 TBSP||225 g||120 g|
|3/4 cup||180 ml||12 TBSP||170 g||90 g|
|2/3 cup||160 ml||10.5 TBSP||150 g||80 g|
|1/2 cup||120 ml||8 TBSP||115 g||60 g|
|1/3 cup||80 ml||5.5 TBSP||75 g||40 g|
|1/4 cup||60 ml||4 TBSP||55 g||30 g|
|1/8 cup||30 ml||2 TBSP||30 g||15 g|
Conversion between different units of measurement
Any amount of information can be quickly and easily converted into other units of measurement (including the British and American). Please note: A point is used instead of a comma!
Measure 1/4 cup - How many milliliters are ¼ cup?As can already be seen in the table, 1/4 cup corresponds to 60 ml. In order to measure 60 milliliters correctly, a small measuring cup with a correspondingly small division is recommended. If you don't have a measuring cup at hand, a shot glass will help.
There are almost always markings for 2 and 4 cl (centiliters) - i.e. 20 and 40 ml. With 1½ shot glasses, 60 ml can be measured quickly.
Measure 1/2 cup - How many milliliters are ½ cup?
The table also shows the conversion from ½ cup to ml. A smaller measuring cup with a suitable scale is helpful for correct measurement. If you don't have it at hand, you can also make do with a 250 ml glass - e.g. for lemonade. If you fill this glass halfway, then 125 ml of liquid, which corresponds to around 1/2 cup, are measured quite accurately.
- What is the most decentralized crypto currency
- What is the elliptical trainer good for
- Is Dari a Persian dialect
- Will vanilla extract hurt you
- Pays you Yahoo Answers
- Why are people selling their Steam accounts
- Have you ever done anything original?
- What is the smallest unit of matter
- Should Christianity be imposed on people
- Where do extreme couponers get coupons from
- Something will replace money
- Which is the best API service company
- Will D Mart open a franchise
- How are submarine support points built
- Does incest really exist?
- Is China a developing country
- How can a brand advertise on Tiktok
- Is cancer curable in the first stage
- How can high blood pressure lead to heart failure
- Can a turtle be tamed?
- How long can a nerf gun last
- Is a depressed life worth living
- How can the US ban gun ownership?
- Which countries have the craziest drivers