What do you think of economic refugees
»Eritrea doesn't work like a normal country« - conversation with an Eritrean refugee
Eritrea doesn't work like a normal country. A criminal boss is at the helm and what he says is done. Forget a little light like me, not even a general or a lieutenant colonel are safe. You could be his best buddy for a few months, but next year you're in jail. There was an attempted coup in 2012 or 2013 - I don't remember exactly - but it failed. The situation is not stable. There are no signs that the regime is turning away from its brutal line.
People are persecuted, but so far the opposition has remained peaceful. That could change out of understandable frustration. It scares me that there might be a civil war. That would be a disaster. A civil war is bad enough in a country where only a small percentage of the population is in the army. But we're talking about a country whose entire adult population is in fact trained soldiers. I can't imagine the disaster that would happen.
The EU has plans to re-evaluate the political situation in Eritrea. The question is whether the country should be classified as safe, which would result in the possibility of deporting Eritrean refugees. What do you think about it?
It seems like a betrayal of what the EU stood for for decades. If not many refugees come, then of course you can say that you are welcoming refugees. But as soon as the numbers get bigger, you turn around and try to find excuses to send refugees back into danger. It seems to me that these so-called "values" are only superficial and do not stand up to the course of events. The same thing happened to Afghanistan. Assassinations and fighting in many regions and the presence of foreign troops show that the country is not safe. Still, you push off. What should one say about Eritrea accordingly? There is no reason to trust the Eritrean regime, even if it announced a shortening of the national service, for example - as long as the regime's arbitrariness continues and no one can trust themselves to complain when their rights are violated.
- Which day comes before Monday
- How corrupt is the UK
- Who are the best creative consulting firms
- How do professionals clean
- Is hedonism justified
- Is it possible to build a tunnel inside a black hole?
- The Vikings were as big as we imagine
- How can I be banned from WhatsApp
- What are the best affiliate websites
- How would your ideal day be
- Is liver cancer curable
- What's your rating of Lizzo
- Why education is not important to politicians
- Separatism dies in Quebec
- What are the secrets of being personable
- What are the benefits of OOP 1
- Statistics can be studied in school
- What causes overactive immune system allergies
- Aerys loved his wife
- Why should i visit china
- Why were Nero and Caligula so terrible
- Are the Gurkhas overrated?
- What is the probability of not rolling
- Is Trump's idea of patriotism un-American
- How are speed, time and distance connected?
- What do you mean by thinking
- What causes schizophrenia
- How can I naturally reduce inflammation
- Who can sell on Amazon
- How can truth be paradoxical
- What is RO water
- How does a relationship work
- What does orang mean in Indonesian
- What are different editions