What should a man eat every day
Notorf / Hamburg -
Lots of fruit and vegetables, little sugar and fried foods: almost everyone knows that this is healthy. But when it comes to what time and at what pace to eat, it gets more difficult. How many times a day should you eat? And how long do you have to chew on a cheese sandwich?
"You can compare the metabolism with a fireplace," says Heiko Griguhn, nutritionist and alternative practitioner from Nortorf. “It has to be regularly replenished so that it functions properly.” Therefore, from the expert's point of view, it is healthy to eat frequently - preferably five to seven times a day.
If you want to lose weight, you have to eat
According to Griguhn, people who want to lose weight often make the mistake of eating too seldom. If there are too long periods without a meal, this is a signal to the body that food is scarce. In addition, those who come completely starved from work are more likely to go for fast food or sweets. This low metabolism can be avoided with a snack in the afternoon.
That all sounds logical - but there are also opposing positions. Some people swear by so-called intermittent fasting, others prefer to eat three times a day in the traditional way. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) does not endorse any of the positions. There are simply too few conclusive studies to make a recommendation. It is crucial for a healthy weight that you do not consume more energy than you use. Nutritionist Griguhn also emphasizes: What someone snacks is important: "Between breakfast, lunch and dinner it can be small portions of vegetables or other snacks."
Eating slowly is healthier than eating quickly
In addition to the “what” and “how often”, the “how” is also up for debate when it comes to eating: “Don't eat so fast”, some people heard as a child. In fact, the body has a hunger-satiation regulation. It is anchored in the brain - more precisely in the pituitary gland, explains Birgit Schramm, a qualified ecotrophologist from Hamburg. The body sends out messenger substances that inform the brain when enough food has been consumed. "If you eat slowly, it makes it easier for the brain to perceive the saturation signal that the body sends out."
This process is made more difficult with quick meals or meals that are consumed on the side. “In addition, chewing is a preparation for digestive work,” explains Schramm. “The pieces of food have to be shredded by the chemistry of the stomach and small intestines. Of course, it makes a difference whether I swallow a large chunk of carrot or whether I have chewed it properly beforehand. "
Difficult to digest: Is it true that one should rather go without salad in the evening?
Nutrition expert explains: We make these five mistakes at lunch
Good feed user: Only those who properly stimulate the metabolism will permanently lose weight
15 to 30 chews is optimal
Experts therefore recommend chewing each bite 15 to 30 times. Of course, this only works if you allow yourself enough time for meals: According to Schramm, 15 to 20 minutes would be recommended for a proper lunch, and around five to eight minutes for a cheese sandwich.
It is also important to drink a lot, including during meals. "This stimulates the production of digestive juices," says Manuela Marin, a qualified ecotrophologist from Berlin. "In addition, food containing fiber can be digested better with enough water." However, one should be careful not to wash the bites down with the drink - otherwise they are often not sufficiently chewed. So better take a short break, take a sip of water and then pick up your fork again. (dpa / tmn)
- What's your rating of Quora Spaces
- How do we know dimensions exist
- Should Indonesia sell Kalimantan to Malaysia
- Why aren't Quora responses organized through upvotes
- What is the quality of Chinese weapons
- What is the best WordPress lottery plugin
- Why do I like to row
- Is a diet good or bad
- What's a good side of AWeber
- Indonesia is Abu Rizal Bakrie Chinese
- What is Clickfunnels Actionetik 1
- Why is the F 117 still flying?
- What if a Muslim eats pork
- What are the best product names
- What tactics do time share sellers use
- How does liver cancer kill a person
- What is your biggest mistake or regret
- How is matter created
- You Can Have Ketoacidosis Without Being Diabetic
- How can I stop wanting a friend?
- What is the Most Popular American Chinese Food
- What is the RC 5 protocol
- How much does a 1 liter cost
- Bigrock is good for buying domain names
- How was Carthage different from Rome?
- Why don't Jehovah's Witnesses celebrate birthdays
- How is data science at CIT
- Is pantheism compatible with harsh atheism?
- Why is my face unbalanced
- Can we take a photo in space
- Which country has the most doctors
- What are hydrants used for?
- How can I improve my handwriting 5