How many heavens are there
sky - Bible lexicon
The words that have been translated from the original text as heaven are shamayim, from "the heights", and ουρανός. They are used in different meanings:
1. The atmosphere in which the birds fly and the lightning appears, and from where the rain falls (Gen. 7:23; 5 Mo 11:11; Dan 4:18; Lk 17:24). It will perish (2. Pet 3: 10, 12).
2. The firmament or the expanse in which the sun, the moon and the stars can be seen (1. Mo 1,14.15.17).
3. The abode of God, where his throne is (Ps 2,4; 11,4; Mt 5,34). From there the Lord came down, there he went up, and there he was also seen by Stephen (Mk 16:19; Acts 7.55; 1 Cor 15:47).
4. The abode of the angels (Mt 22.30; 24.36; Gal 1.8).
It is important to see that when God created the present universe, he created heaven on this earth so that the earth should be ruled from heaven. The blessings on earth, material or moral, depend on their relationship with heaven. The blessings will be full when the kingdom of heaven is established through the Son of man and he appears in the clouds of heaven (Ps 68:33, 36). It is the place of angels' power. In Ephesians 3:10, in connection with angels, “the principalities and powers in the heavenly places” are spoken of. Satan and his angels, although they have fallen, are still among them (Job 1: 6; 2: 1; Rev. 12.7-9).
That there are different heavens is obvious, because Satan cannot have access to glory, and Paul speaks of being in the "third Heaven "(2 Cor 12: 2). The Lord Jesus is by gone up the heavens and we read of the "heavens of the heavens" (Deut. 10:14; 1 Kgs. 8:27). Very little is told that the saints will go to heaven, although their citizenship is already there there is (Phil 3:20). But they will be where the Lord Jesus is, and he went to heaven to prepare a place for them (John 14: 1). In Revelation there are twenty-four elders in heaven see how they sit on "thrones". Then it will be said: “To him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, blessings and honor and glory and power for ever and ever! Amen! "(Rev 5,13). The believers" expect a new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells "(2 Pet 3,13; Rev 21,1).
- Are Indians racist towards their own people
- What Are Some Hidden Signs Of Depression
- How do I blog
- Chemo is the best treatment for cancer
- How about moderate, user-generated content?
- How safe am I from gun violence
- School cheating just keeps getting worse
- Why is the time around heavy objects slower
- How would you describe your ideal city
- Why is HNO3 called nitric acid
- What are some important interview questions
- Canoes are built depending on their endurance
- What should I see in Langkawi
- How did Dallas TX get its name
- Blogger is safe for blogging
- May cause asbestosis pulmonary hypertension
- Is smoking wrong
- Can we use calculators in JEE Mains
- Eat colonies of meat
- How can I migrate to Europe
- How can you learn to drive faster
- What problem is your company solving?
- Is the suppression of emotions really that unhealthy?
- How are kitchen knives made