Is Eminem really gay
Eminem still knows how to provoke after a career of over 20 years (Image: Instagram / Eminem)
In a new song, 47-year-old US rap star Eminem asks what would happen if he came out gay. An excerpt from the song, which he recorded with his 31-year-old rap colleague Joyner Lucas, was leaked on the Internet last week - and attracted attention on social media.
In the song Lucas raps in English: "What if I told you that I'm gay." Then Eminem repeats almost the same words (Joyner Lucas: "What if I told you that I'm out of place? Wait, what if I told you that I was gay?" Eminem: "What if I'm a hypocrite who's just afraid to face truth? Wait, what if I told you I'm gay too? "). However, only this excerpt has been leaked; the context in which the words are used is not known.
Repeated homophobia allegations against Eminem
Eminem had been harshly criticized by LGBTI activists, especially at the beginning of his career in the late 1990s, for repeatedly using the word "fagot" (fagot) as a swear word in his songs. This is harmful because he is practically giving young fans permission to abuse allegedly gay classmates as "fagots".
The rapper also received support from the community, for example from the openly gay singer Elton John, who appeared together with Eminem at the 2001 Grammy Awards. The LGBTI organization GLAAD was "horrified that John was sharing the stage with an artist whose words and deeds propagate hatred and violence against gays and lesbians".
Even in the last few years there was still controversy: In 2015 Eminem released another album in which he once again talked about "fagots". In an interview he insisted that the word "fagot" had nothing to do with homosexuality, but was a generic expression for "bastard" or "asshole" (queer.de reported).
Last year he insulted rapper Tyler, The Creator, who had previously hinted at his homosexuality, in a diss song as a fagot (queer.de reported). Later, however, he regretted this choice of words (queer.de reported).
In the political debate about LGBTI rights, Eminem was liberal: he declared in 2010 that he was a proponent of opening up marriage to gays and lesbians (queer.de reported). (cw)
- How many votes does Vermont have
- What is the best time to shoplifting
- What is the full form of PCAT
- Is the EU a dictatorship?
- Why Baking Soda Fights Epilepsy
- Italian insolvency can crash the euro currency
- What is the meaning of the measurement
- Are there any special blockchain languages
- What if a person knows everything
- How did Python dominate scientific computing
- Is 37 too old to marry
- Why do people process my questions
- What is the Jewish creation myth
- Can a local product be sold on Amazon
- What do Americans call a moving staircase?
- What are alternatives to pusher com
- Doing business online is a profitable idea
- A planet like Coruscant is possible at all
- What is the role of DNA polymerase
- How is life in Alberta Canada
- Can the Chinese get weapons
- How often are diagnoses of autism later reversed
- How would you explain another dimension
- How were American slaves treated