What do you know about Googolplex
A Googolplex is the number 10Googol = 1010100. According to the Guinness World Records, this is the largest finite number with a widely accepted name.
Etymology Edit source]
The word is based on Googol. Although various sources claim that it was coined by Edward Kasner or a person from his circle of acquaintances, the name is according to a book by Kasner and Newman same nephew as the creator of Googol (look there).
Initially, it was suggested that the term should stand for a one with so many zeros that it would lead to fatigue when writing it down. Since the exact number varies from person to person, the number was defined as a one followed by a googol zero.
Notoriety [edit | Edit source]
- The head office of Google is called Googleplex.
- In the cartoon The simpsons there is a cinema called Springfield Googolplex.
Numbers nearby Edit source]
The number 57④3 = 575757 contains about two Googols places.
Dario Alejandro Alpern maintains lists of known prime factors of numbers of the type Googolplex +n (where 0 ≤ n <1,000), Googolplex + 10Exp (where 0 ≤ Exp ≤ 9) and Googolplex -n (where 0 ≤ n < 1 000).
See also [edit | Edit source]
Individual evidence [edit | Edit source]
- ↑ Edward Kasner, James Roy Newman: Mathematics and the Imagination. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1940.
- ↑ Dario Alejandro Alpern: Factors of numbers near googolplex. October 9, 2006.
External links [edit | Edit source]
- Is real Chinese
- How does the vacuum cleaner work
- Are sweets bad for children
- Are related to Star Wars and Star Trek
- Why did Augustus become Pontifex Maximus
- How can I stop sharing too much
- How clean is Malaysia
- Why is food preservation important
- How do we repair pedophiles
- Can student teachers teach AP courses
- Why can nothing travel faster than light
- How do two men have sex?
- What do psychiatrists think of psychologists
- Can someone be almost anorexic
- Can Plato be considered a brilliant writer
- Why is Australia considered an industrialized country
- What is double factorial
- Should Cory Booker run for president
- Smoking cigarettes affects intelligence
- Is it worth it to spend on Rajdhani Express
- What are some examples of trade barriers
- What is Ghana
- Why are Navy SEALs so elite
- How are Indians treated in Latvia