How many liters means a kilogram
Often you will hear: 1 liter weighs exactly 1 kilogram! Ideally, this is true for one liter of fresh water and is correct enough for household use.
The ideal case here is:
At 3.98 ° C, pure water has a density of 1 dm³ / kg and therefore weighs almost exactly 1 kilogram (999.975 grams). This applies to an air pressure of 1013.25 hPa (1 physical atmosphere), which prevails here on earth at sea level.
At 25 ° C it is 997.048 grams, which means that water at room temperature is around 3 g lighter than at 4 ° C.
These deviations in temperature are irrelevant for applications in the kitchen and household. Likewise, our tap water is never completely pure and always contains salts and other impurities that affect density.
This can be easily calculated with a table of the water density at different temperatures.
Mass = density x volume
at 4 ° C the calculation is accordingly
0.999975 g / ml x 1,000 ml = 999.975 g
✅ How much does a liter of water weigh?
Anyone who wants to determine 1 liter of water with a scale in the household weighs 1 kg = 1,000 grams (minus the weight for the container).
With 2 liters it is 2 kilograms and with 500 milliliters only 0.5 kg (500 grams) and so on.
✅ How heavy is a liter of milk?
The question: What does 1 liter of milk weigh? cannot be answered precisely across the board. As different amounts of fats, minerals, proteins and other constituents are dissolved in milk - unlike in water - their density is also different - and therefore also their weight.
One liter of cow's milk weighs around 1.02 to 1.03 kilograms.
But here, too, the following applies: For household use, 1 kilogram = 1 liter of milk can easily be used.
This applies to cow's milk as well as to goat and sheep's milk, to almond milk, to soy milk and so on.
- How can I promote this free site
- Will Indonesia win a war with China?
- How stealthy submarines are these days
- Fast food is very common in America
- How is creativity
- How do you melt a few cents
- How did Pakistan get nuclear weapons?
- How would you describe American society?
- Are you in good health
- What is the purpose of being beautiful
- Accidentally kill someone for murder
- Where did the Titanic's coordinates go down
- What is the healthiest type of chocolate
- Who are considered physically disabled
- Is Hindi national language 2
- How do professionals clean
- What is the best freelance course online
- Is Wix better for beginners than Wordpress
- Are all liberals vegan
- Why did God create creation?
- Where was the Bible written?
- How can a photon be massless?
- When did you feel most vulnerable?
- Which molecule is 6C
- Why does Quora not respect President Donald Trump
- How do I build backlinks in 2017
- How can p-values be misused?
- Why is robotics important
- Why did Daniel Inouye die so suddenly
- Is plagiarism a victimless crime?
- Eat dogs cats
- Can I invest in stocks with 500
- What are some smoking statistics
- Is Jimin a boy or a girl