What makes people passionate about things
Passion is a strong word. We associate love and sex, devotion, strong emotions, fire and flame for someone or something. When do we feel something like passion? When we're in love, when we're talking about something we're passionate about, when we're doing something that matters to our hearts. Passion not only relates to a romantic or sexual connection between two people, but also to other things we are passionate about.
For me, passion is what makes life worth living. Without passion, humans are not humans, but rather robots. And that is exactly why it is so important to know your passions and to satisfy them. Ideally, we combine our passion with our job and never have to work again in our lives. I have already written about this topic in this article.
But what if you have no passions at all? When there is nothing that excites you, makes you ecstatic. Can a person be completely dispassionate? No! If you think you have no passions, then you just don't know yourself enough to know what you really want.
Passion can have many faces. Some people have a passion for soccer, others live to dance, play the piano, cook, paint, sing, and write computer software. You can have a passion for fashion, for politics, for crossword puzzles, horses, shoes, languages, coffee and an infinite number of other things.
Intrinsic vs. extrinsic motivation
For me, passion is synonymous with intrinsic motivation. Intrinsically motivated activities are things that you do because you enjoy them. The primary goal here is not money, or any other form of reward, but the pure joy of the action itself. Extrinsic motivation, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. An action is only carried out because there is a prospect of external incentives such as money or the avoidance of penalties.
So if you read a book, for example, because you need the content to pass an exam, then this action is extrinsically motivated. However, if you read the same book because you are interested in it and there is no examination after it, then this is an intrinsically motivated act. Of course, one does not exclude the other and therefore there can also be combinations of both variants. For example, you could read the book because you need it for the exam, but you would do it without it.
Passion is power. A force that drives us. A force that gives us energy. It is the basis of all human creations. People do the craziest things when she grabs them. Things that seem impossible. But nothing is impossible when you have a goal in mind, the dedication and desire to make that dream a reality.
Living passionately is living fulfilled. In my opinion, a person cannot be really happy if he does not know his passions and therefore denies them. We need the intoxication, the drive, the fire, the excitement that passion brings.
Therefore, we should do things more often that we love and enjoy that feeling. Life is too short to always be reasonable!
- What are the dangers of being homeless
- What gives more happiness innocence or intelligence
- How can I die 10
- What is the phonological loop
- List five top apps for Shopify
- Do promotional products really work
- Why is the Republican Party called GOP
- Which Sith Lord could cheat death?
- What is the cure for male infertility
- Must everyone die 1
- How can creativity be promoted
- Why should I hurt myself
- Old people believed in extraterrestrials
- How are you going to celebrate Christmas Day
- Most people discover their passion
- Do you like kebabs
- Is the GRE worth it
- Can vegans justify owning a pet cat?
- How did Rosmah Mansor become so notorious
- How much of Singapore's military are conscripts
- How can I represent myself in court?
- What is equivalent to 1 gram
- Can you cum when you finger yourself
- What is a quarter
- Have you ever forgotten an important thing?
- Skype has discord
- How do the police investigate a crime
- How do you actually communicate with Quora
- What is display style
- Does smoking really cause cancer?
- What are Affiliate Marketing Networks
- How important is B2B to small businesses
- Which documents have to be notarized?
- Is woodworking or carpentry considered an art