How do sex offenders find a job
What it's like to work with sex offenders as a rape victim
Georgious worries are not unfounded. While Suzy, Kate, and Bianca are very professional at their jobs, none of the women we spoke to had any specific training in dealing with sex offenders. By far the most comprehensive training was given by Suzy, who had to complete a one-week course on dealing with violent criminals. Bianca has meanwhile gained insights into the subject of mental health through her training and her work as a social worker that prison guards have not yet received.
Read more:When women go to jail for their partner's crimes
Their professional relationships with offenders vary widely, but what all women have in common is their desire to bring about positive, long-term and profound change in the men who are incorrigible in the eyes of our society.
"I do this job because I am convinced that everyone deserves a second chance," says Bianca. "I've seen real remorse and seen perpetrators being completely rehabilitated again." Her job has given her back the self-determination that was taken from her in the past: "Now I'm in control, but I use it for good."
Follow Broadly on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Photo: Imago | Icon Images
- Can you hear noises on mars
- What are non-legislative sources of law
- Where does Habib Fanny live
- How is Andhra Pradesh doing after the fork
- Can be a physical dimension of time
- Which country has the highest salary for doctors
- Can cannabis or cannabis oil cure cancer
- Is this question grammatically correct?
- Why are Abrahamic religions called Abrahamic religions
- Have you experienced racism in Malaysia?
- Are you honest or dishonest
- Do therapists really care about their clients?
- What is a responsible citizen
- What screams I'm overwhelmed
- How important are the Google Page Speed values
- What is your personal experience of sex
- How can I do Android App 3
- Why do so few countries trust China
- Has anyone had any success selling LulaRoe
- What's enough gun control
- Western society is obsessed with female breasts
- Should prostitution be taxable income
- Which training routine is overrated?
- How can you learn stochastic processes