Where are safe places to harm yourself
Safe on the move without weapons
The police advise against carrying any weapons. Weapons, such as knives, irritant spray devices, electric pulse devices or alarm weapons, should not be carried with you for defense purposes either.
Any weapon, even if it is carried for self-defense, is dangerous because
- Guns offer deceptive security. You can increase your own willingness to take risks, contribute to the escalation of violence and lead to an increase in damage.
- Gun carriers usually neglect de-escalating techniques and communication strategies that can help calm the situation.
- Weapons make it difficult for helpers and the police to recognize who is the perpetrator and who is the victim.
- In the worst case, the weapon can be removed and used against the wearer himself.
- the use of weapons quickly leads to life-threatening injuries and can have serious criminal and financial consequences.
- Alarm weapons are often indistinguishable from real weapons and, in the worst case, lead to the use of firearms by the police.
For your safety
The following guidelines can help to improve your sense of security and your actual security when you are out and about in public places. Confidence in action influences your charisma and can help deter potential perpetrators.
Trust your feeling!
Be attentive to your surroundings. Listen to your gut instinct, which instinctively warns you of threatening situations.
Keep your distance!
Avoiding an impending conflict is the best way to resolve a conflict. Get out of threatening situations as early as possible and move to safe places. If necessary, change the train compartment or the side of the street or look for lively places (e.g. kiosks, shops or restaurants).
Create Public: Get Loud!
If you are being harassed or threatened, get loud. Avoid insults, threats and physical confrontations.
Use the provoking person to signal to outsiders that the dispute is not a private one.
Ask specifically for help!
Make it clear that you need help. Get loud, speak to people standing around directly and ask for assistance:
“I'm being threatened. You with the black jacket. Help me. Call the police!"
Regardless of whether you are a victim or a witness: inform the police on the emergency number 110.
Make yourself available as a witness
Your testimony can help identify the perpetrator and help prevent further crime.
Take your time and prepare yourself mentally for critical situations. The behavior tips above can help you with this.
For safety in public transport
In principle, you can feel safe on public transport. If you still have a bad feeling, you can do the following:
- Sit near the driver or in a car that already has several passengers.
- If the trains are otherwise empty, you can choose the first car, as this is the quickest way for the driver to come to your aid.
- If you are scared by someone who gets off with you, here are your options:
o Join people you trust.
o Talk to a friend on the phone or use a companion app.
o Go to a busy place (e.g. a gas station, restaurant or kiosk).
o Get back in and drive on.
You are observing a dangerous situation
Help without putting yourself in danger. You can find information on correct behavior at www.bundespolizei.de/zivilcourage. Look instead of going away - short film
Protective armament flyer - deceptive security (PDF, 185KB, file is not barrier-free)
Further information on the subject can be found at www.polizeifürdich.de.
- How smart is Stephen King
- How does culture influence human behavior
- Has the British Army ever mutinied
- Geology is a difficult major
- What are the valence electrons of nickel
- What makes someone understanding
- How do you learn big data
- Milk is difficult to digest
- What are AngularJs technical interview questions
- What can kill an angel or a demon
- How does the US control the Japanese military?
- Which countries allow weapons in schools?
- Must everyone die 1
- How much does Clickfunnels cost per month
- Who are Hawkers
- Artificial intelligent computers can do our work
- How fearless is Donald Trump
- Does AI also include robotics
- Why Tamil Nadu is against Modi
- What are the mysterious facts of space?
- What is the name of Thiruvalluvar's wife
- Is smoking wrong
- Have inanimate objects awareness
- What is a locomotive pilot
- Which is better all or nothing
- Why can't I just die forever
- Why was the 20th century so violent
- What vodkas are made from grapes
- How can I get hard drugs
- What happens when you cross the streams
- Is Kirby Carpet Shampoo effective
- Is it worth it to give up alcohol
- Can angels manipulate time?