What do chemical symbols mean
Chemical sign language
Element symbols - chemical formulas
Chemists use an international sign language. With it chemical reactions can be represented in all languages equally. It includes symbols, formulas and equations.
Element symbols are e.g. S, Fe, O, H, N.
An element symbol has two meanings:
1. Abbreviation for the name of an element
2. Abbreviation for 1 atom of the element
The element symbol S has two meanings:
1. Abbreviation for sulfur
2. Abbreviation for 1 atom of sulfur
Chemical formulas are e.g. H2O, FeS, CuO, ZnS, HgO.
A chemical formula has three meanings:
1. Abbreviation for the name of a chemical compound
2. stands for 1 molecule of the chemical compound
3. indicates the atomic number ratio of the atoms contained in the molecule
The chemical formula H2O has three meanings:
1. Abbreviation for water = hydrogen oxide
2. Abbreviation for 1 molecule of water
3. A molecule of water contains the elements hydrogen and oxygen in a ratio of 2: 1.
A large number in front of a chemical formula indicates the number of molecules.
2 feet means 2 atoms of iron
5 CuO means 5 molecules of copper oxideA small number Behind an element symbol gives the Number of atoms at that in a molecule connected with each other are.
H2means a hydrogen molecule made up of two hydrogen atoms linked together.
O2means an oxygen molecule made up of two oxygen atoms linked together.
3 H.2 means three hydrogen molecules made up of two each
interconnected hydrogen atoms exist.
- Which are the most expensive old coins
- Why is NDTV biased against Congress
- Is life really important
- Can humans die from eating rat poison?
- What do people use Alibaba for?
- Frogs eat koi fish
- Where can you search for Discord servers
- Am I ugly based on this picture
- Feel free to share your favorite pictures
- Why do I ignore people
- What are the worst career mistakes
- How and where can I learn Mandarin
- Should I be proud to be Vietnamese
- Why are snowflakes hexagonal
- Who made God a God?
- Windows updates affect game performance
- Can you sear vegan meat
- Which article is best bought in bulk
- What is information
- How can I export goods from Pakistan
- How does running change the body?
- Chemo is the best treatment for cancer
- How long does terminal dementia last
- How rich is the Vatican