Why does WiFi cost so much
Data volume is also used in the WLAN!
By Andreas Filbig | August 24, 2020, 9:00 p.m.
Is your data volume used up again and the obligatory SMS from the telephone provider arrives even though you are currently on the WLAN? The question arises as to whether data volume is being used in spite of the WLAN connection. The answer is "yes"! TECHBOOK reveals how much and how you can prevent this.
Data volume consumption in WiFi on the iPhone
Owners of Apple smartphones can read the consumption, well hidden, in the settings. In the “Mobile network” menu item, scroll all the way down. There you will find the option “WLAN support”, which is activated by default on the iPhone. If the WLAN signal is weak, mobile data is also automatically used. If you regularly have weak WiFi and want to save data volume, you should deactivate this function by clicking on the green slider in order not to get a nasty surprise.
Data volume consumption in WLAN with Android
Android itself does not provide a function like the iPhone. If you suspect that too much data volume is being used despite WiFi, the only thing that helps is to completely deactivate the mobile data in the WiFi. However, owners of Samsung smartphones have the option of deactivating WLAN support in the settings. This option comes from the manufacturer and is called "Automatically connect to the mobile network". The function can be found under “Settings” -> “WLAN” -> “Advanced”.
High data volume consumption, although mostly in WLAN
If you are still wondering that a lot of data volume is used even though you use your device almost exclusively in the WLAN, this can be related to uploads. For example, if you save your photos in the cloud, you have to be careful that not every photo is automatically loaded into the online storage. This option is activated on most devices and uses a lot of data volume depending on the number of photos taken.
Cellular providers do not consume any data volume in the WLAN
TECHBOOK asked the mobile phone provider whether data volume is also being used in the WLAN. Volker Petendorf, Group spokesman for Vodafone, gives the all-clear: "Data volume from the mobile phone contract is not used if the customer is logged into a WLAN network with his smartphone or tablet." Telefonica also points out that only the variants we have described Data is consumed.
- What is 5 5 3 3 1
- Are https cookies safe
- What chemicals are used to clean diamonds
- Does the GDP include the transfer
- Are Malagasy people Asians or Africans
- What is the ultimate meaning of life
- What are share buybacks
- Forensic scientists go to university
- How did a person succeed in life?
- How bad is the censorship in India
- Am I bisexual or just desperate
- Shaving makes facial hair grow faster
- Is DOTA 3 confirmed
- What was NASA's Apollo lunar landing budget
- How to use reverse psychology on people
- ALL energy is electromagnetic
- What is a class occupation exception
- Can the dead see us
- Can I implement TensorFlow without learning ML
- Is it still worth playing online poker?
- How much does a luxury yacht cost
- What are the benefits of unsaturated fats
- What symptoms can allergies cause
- What motivates you to answer relationship questions
- How do I catch a cheating partner
- Satellites have multiple functions
- What is the oldest known song
- Why do people manipulate
- How are the federal budgets spent?
- What rhymes with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
- What is the best free SMS autoresponder
- Which is bigger photon or electron
- You can make money with Quora
- What are EDU backlinks