What is more important career or personal life
About the right priorities: first life, then work
What does not fit is made to fit. The tailor of alterations earns his daily bread under this motto. But where the saying should never appear: as an answer to the question of whether one's own job can be reconciled with life. Because if you have to bend over to get everything under one roof, you will fail. That much is certain.
Rate your employer now and win a personal coaching session with Bettina Stackelberg (coach, trainer, author and expert friend). *
Three things, one life
There is talk of compatibility everywhere these days. More precisely: the compatibility of family and work. But even the formulation is not ideally chosen. Because this suggests that there are two separate areas in life: family and work.
Family and work: two that are fun, but not always. And so at least three aspects should be reconciled - namely family, work and your own interests and needs. Aka some healthy egoism. Because only if the three aspects are guaranteed will employees remain motivated and tackle the job with a big grin every day.
Private fulfillment is becoming more and more important
We are well organized, at work and at home. We are disciplined. We want everything to work out. So it works ... somehow ...?
It takes a lot to transform this uncertain suffix into a bold exclamation mark. But above all: exemplary employers who meet the wishes of their employees.
Younger employees are already paying more attention to the flexible relationship between private and professional life. A kununu analysis, based on 55,360 search queries, shows which offers and options are most relevant for job seekers today: company cars, smartphones or bonuses are becoming increasingly insignificant. What matters more is whether the job can be reconciled with personal interests and needs. Specifically, this means that flexible working hours (51 percent) and home office options (33 percent) are the most popular.
Employee wish: less attendance
Go an hour earlier or spend a day in the home office - it's the little things that save us a lot of unnecessary stress and enable us to better integrate work into everyday life. With these two benefits, a doctor's appointment does not turn into an organizational marathon and for the craftsman who wants to take various measurements "in the course of the afternoon", no vacation day has to be sacrificed.
More of it, please: Four paws in the office
Named after flexible working hours and home office and thus in third place of the employee wishes: to bring their own dog to work (26 percent). This also shows that family does not just mean father, mother, child.
And so it is good that more and more companies are getting the hell out of it. Even today, four-legged friends are no longer an exception in more and more offices. There are good reasons for this, because according to numerous studies, furry friends increase productivity, well-being and keep fit. Here we reveal in which offices dogs can be found naturally.
Employers have to adapt
Only then do classic status symbols and benefits follow, including the company car, pension plan and canteen meals. This also means: In the future, fewer and fewer companies will be able to afford to ignore the needs of their employees. Employers have to create appropriate framework conditions so that the balance between family, work and personal needs works well. Because that is exactly what makes companies attractive to job seekers.
Read more and win
The Freund magazine and the employer rating platform kununu are looking for the most family-friendly employers in Germany! What is your opinion? What does your employer do to help balance family and work? How easy is it to get back to work, for example? Share your experiences and take part in the online survey now. It only takes a few minutes to fill out. Your details will of course be evaluated anonymously. With your rating, you are helping to make Germany's working world more transparent and therefore better. The survey results will be published in the girlfriend on kununu.com in autumn 2017. Vote now and choose Germany's most family-friendly employer 2017! Kununu and her girlfriend are giving away a personal coaching session with Bettina Stackelberg from all incoming reviews. *
Compatibility is the buzzword of the hour. But what needs to be unified - family, job, that's it? Click here for the expert contribution by Dr. Sarah Muller.
* For the raffle, evaluations received by 06/10/2017 11:59 p.m. will be taken into account. The winner will be notified by email, the data of the participants will not be passed on. Any travel, food and hotel costs must be paid by the winner himself. Participation in the competition is free. kununu reserves the right to exclude individuals from the competition if they act abusively or manipulatively. No cash redemption possible. Employees of kununu und freundin are excluded from the competition.
- Why is the parachute regiment so elite
- Unconditional love is a bad thing
- Pakistan is now safe for tourists
- What Makes Small Boutique Consulting Firms Successful
- What is a game computer
- What is cubic meter 2
- What is the importance of employee branding
- During the Second World War, tanks would run over infantrymen
- What does the Bible say about atheists
- How do we calculate the complexity of space
- How can I live safely in Manila
- Why is everything boring 1
- When was a crossbow used in combat?
- People love mediocrity
- Well worth CPA marketing
- Are tomboy just reverse drag queens
- How tough is tortoiseshell
- What is a gateway board game
- Where do most of the Indians live in Ireland
- California has a high crime rate
- Can we make Mars habitable?
- Does not cause watercress liver fluke parasites
- A time fold is possible
- What is Yangon Province