What is the capital of Delhi
Delhi is the capital of India located on the Yamuna River in the north of the country and actually consists of two cities. Old Delhi was the capital and seat of government of the Mughal Empire in India until 1857. When the British moved their seat of government from Calcutta to Delhi in the early 20th century, what is now known as New Delhi arose around the old town. Delhi is part of the so-called "Golden Triangle", a combination of three beautiful Indian cities: Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.
Attractions in Delhi
The city's numerous sights from colonial times, the temples, monkeys, cows and the legacy of the Mughals make a stay in Delhi worthwhile, which can also be explored with a bicycle rickshaw.
These are the top excursion tips for the historic part of Old Delhi:
- Red Fort (UNESCO)
- Winding old town streets of Chandani Chowk (bazaar district)
- Friday mosque
- Raj Ghat memorial in honor of Ghandi
These are the top excursion tips for New Delhi:
- India Gate (Soldiers Monument)
- Qutab Minar (India's largest minaret)
India cultural tour for beginners - this is how you can explore the huge country in a relaxed way and don't have to worry about anything!
Travel climate and city facts
According to the 2011 census, around 11 million people live in Delhi and 16 million if one takes into account the surrounding suburbs within the Delhi Union territory. This makes India the second most populous city in India after Mumbai (Bombay).
The hottest months in Delhi are from April to July, while most of the rain falls from July to September during the monsoon season. Pleasant maximum temperatures during the day prevail in Delhi in winter from December to February, then the thermometer drops to a maximum of 10 ° Celsius even at night.
Accommodation tip for Delhi
That is recommended Taj Princess boutique hotel (3-star comfort) near the Buddha Jayanti Park.
Delhi for connoisseurs and explorers: combine India's culture and safari!
- Will replace streaming game consoles
- How are you in a word
- Why is Windows the most popular operating system
- Are drunk people more honest
- Who is the best digital marketing guru
- What is a free group factor
- What happens to human consciousness after death
- Which active Quora users have GitHub accounts
- What motivates you to ask questions about interviews?
- What are the forces of nature
- Is CSE good at BIT Mesra
- How can I communicate with Quora moderator
- Does anyone know CATIA or SolidWorks Design
- What do most teenagers want
- Where do Quora comments appear
- Norse paganism is dead
- What does a small confidence interval mean
- Is the country's economic growth everything
- Is it safe to visit Cambodia
- How are illegal immigrants punished in Singapore
- How do decimeters and hectares hang together?
- What are some uses of static friction
- What is the problem of player ruin
- What hobbies does Trump have