What's on your fridge
How to find the right refrigerator
When buying a new refrigerator and / or fridge-freezer combination, you should pay particular attention to the required size, because power consumption depends on the size of the appliance and the temperature set.
100 liters more volume increases consumption by 20 percent. For Single or two-person households are usually enough 100 to 150 liters Usable content. If more people live in the household, you can go with it 50 liters per person calculate. For orientation: an economical A +++ refrigerator with a volume of around 150 l should not consume more than 65 kilowatt hours (kWh) per year.
How you can recognize energy-saving devices
The EU energy label sticks to every device and provides information about energy consumption on the Internet. New energy efficiency classes have been planned for this since March 2021. In the case of refrigerators and freezers, these are between A and F. The new classification makes sense, as almost all devices now fall into a class with an A and plus signs. A distinction in terms of energy efficiency was difficult. Now the classification of the devices is to be spread over more energy classes so that you can find more economical devices more easily.
However, it will initially be difficult for device manufacturers to achieve the best possible class A. This will probably only be possible through additional efficiency improvements. The fact that the classification has only started at C since March, even for devices that are currently very efficient, is only due to the new classification, not because the devices have become worse.
Also new on the label is a QR code that leads to the new European EPREL database. There you will find additional product information. Other symbols on the label provide information about other consumption values that help to compare different devices with one another:
- The milk carton stands for that Cooling volume.
- The snowflake for that Freezing volume.
- Sound waves from a loudspeaker symbolize the volume: The smaller the numerical value, the better. Particularly quiet devices have less than 38 decibels (dBA). The new noise emission classes under the loudspeaker are for orientation: A is particularly quiet and D is particularly loud.
If you want to consider other criteria besides power consumption, it is advisable to always look at independent product tests, such as those from Stiftung Warentest.
Our fridge calculator will also help you decide on a new one. It not only compares the individual costs of new devices, but also shows how high the CO2 emissions are in the first year. All you need to do is enter the purchase price and the annual electricity consumption that is stated on the label into the calculator. You can already see the total costs over 15 years and can compare different models with one another.
- Are place names allowed in Scrabble?
- How does plastic help with recycling
- Does hedonism interfere with eudaemonism
- How many engineers has TCS destroyed
- How scientific is evolutionary psychology
- How many episodes does Pokemon have
- How tall is Adam Levine
- Which sentence often follows Carpe Diem
- Why is retirement homes
- Which crypto currency management service do you recommend
- What is a gateway board game
- What do you think of GDPR
- What is a love relationship
- Why are memes not allowed in Quora
- Is Turkish food really spicy
- Which countries are really Christian now?
- Why do you think you are smart
- Why are few people really nice
- Will the NEET share change in 2020?
- Why is the negative binomial distribution important
- Which is the best Razer gaming mouse
- What is a 33rd degree mason
- Do police officers support the NRA
- What should I know before visiting Hawaii
- How do you rate Apple's AirPods
- What is our duty to our parents
- How can devils be identified?
- What are the dishes unique to Pondicherry
- What is wastewater treatment
- Is Freshdesk a CRM
- How do you interpret total distribution points
- Who is Angela Merkel's husband
- America is free from corruption
- Why is prayer different from meditation