How will you service hand tools
Because hand tools work equipment i. S. d. Are subject to the tests provided there: "If work equipment is subject to influences which cause damage and which can lead to dangerous situations, the employer must use the work equipment in accordance with the deadlines determined in accordance with Section 3 (3) [ie in the context of a risk assessment] by qualified persons check and, if necessary, have them tested ".
In practice, it is important to find a way to implement this test obligation without incurring unreasonable effort. Only in particularly sensitive areas, e.g. B. Ex-protection or ESD-protected areas (protection against electrostatic discharge), it may be necessary to record all hand tools individually and to document the test, because special requirements have to be met here. Otherwise it is advisable to document in the risk assessment or in the test directory for the company how it is ensured that only perfect hand tools are used. This can be B. happen by being held,
- that the user is responsible for checking tools for proper condition before use and only using tools that are in perfect condition,
- who is responsible for repairs or who may carry them out and where and how new tools are procured or issued,
- that and by whom the entire tool equipment is checked at certain intervals or on fixed dates.
Maintenance and Care
With well-maintained tools, you can work better and, above all, more safely. Blunt blades on scissors, chisels or screwdrivers give poor work results and make the work tedious and stressful for the hands. Especially when high-quality tools have been purchased, they should be used as value-preserving as possible. The maintenance and care of tools, however, requires certain knowledge and sometimes also technical possibilities. Not every hardened blade can be reworked, and if so, it must be clear which grinding material and which sharpening angle is right.
This is only a part of the product Occupational Safety Office Professional. They want more? Then test the Office Professional Occupational Safety and Health Office for 30 minutes live and without obligation and read the entire content.
Try now for 4 weeks free of charge
Lots of expertise
Haufe online training
Haufe Talent Management
Haufe HR Services
Related links RSS
Editorial Code of Conduct
Become a book author
Contact & feedback
Real estate solutions
Public service products
Business management solutions
Haufe Shop specialist literature
All products & solutions
Further products on the topic:
- What are the advantages of offshore hosting
- Why stand up for gender equality
- What is gravity Are we magnets
- Is the 3D printing overdrawn
- Is liver cancer curable
- What exactly is the zombie apocalypse
- Which operating system is the most reliable
- What is the most famous scrabble game
- Marketing is everywhere What does that mean
- Why do people look down on others
- Why do corporate employees hide their salary
- How do I prepare a vegetable soup
- Which animal DNA matches human DNA
- Teenage girls can take Shatavari tablets
- Are the British really polite?
- Have you learned from communication skills
- What is DHAT Syndrome
- How do I check the website backlink
- What would Jesus do with weapons?
- Jesus Christ was white
- How is society improving
- What are the secret rituals of the Masons
- Can I eat Maggie once a month
- How do I delete the immigration status on the blacklist