The KI will be oversubscribed in 2019
Artificial intelligence and IT security
From Bodenseezentrum Innovation 4.0 In Paper Marked in Digitization, Processes & Structures, Knowledge & Competence 798 downloads
Technologies based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) are increasingly permeating all areas of life. Their contribution to the improved security of IT systems as well as the security of AI systems themselves are essential so that citizens, companies, politics and authorities can take advantage of the advancing digitization
can. AI systems will play an important role in increasing IT security in the future. Machine learning methods can be used, for example, to improve the capability of intrusion detection systems or to differentiate between normal and suspicious activities in networks. AI systems can make IT security professionals effective
support and thus mitigate the effects of the shortage of skilled workers in IT security in the short term (see Chapter 2). However, AI technologies also have dual-use potential in the area of IT security (see Chapter 3). Machine learning methods that can be used to identify previously unknown security gaps in networks or software systems can also be used by attackers. Using AI methods and procedures, they can optimize their attack strategies or develop new threats.
The threat risk should not be overstated, but it is an additional motivation to develop a technological lead in this field of application of AI and to develop an awareness of the dual-use potential as a developer and user. AI systems are increasingly being integrated into processes in which security and data protection play a central role. It is therefore important to protect the AI systems themselves from attacks, to increase their robustness against possible manipulation and to implement appropriate protective measures (see Chapter 4). In view of the new dynamics that AI systems are bringing into the field of IT security,
different fields of action arise - from supporting small and medium-sized companies to building up competencies in AI and IT security through to the development and design of the systems themselves. The authors of this paper propose initial solutions for these fields of action (see Chapter 5), which they will differentiate and further develop in the next step.
Subscribe to the BODENSEEZENTRUM INNOVATION 4.0 (BZI 4.0) newsletter and receive regular updates
from the IBH-Lab KMUdigital and the other projects of the BZI 4.0:
- Are the dues college fees really cheap?
- Wordless plugin for WordPress
- What is Reiter Syndrome
- Which active Quora users have GitHub accounts
- Why do I never succeed
- Is exercise necessary for diabetic patients?
- How are confidence intervals reported
- Is the lottery a waste of money
- How do you perceive time
- How do you get a dog
- What is a verified badge
- Are all restrictive gun laws a violation
- What is your watch collection made of?
- How does gleam choose the winners of the competition
- Can you buy a house with your income?
- What are some examples of inclined planes
- Is it unhealthy to eat bread every night?
- Balances grit for intelligence
- Which children's book shocked you
- How many time paradoxes are there
- Why do feminists need FGM 1
- Santa Claus hacked Jesus' birthday party
- Think of nationalism as you do in ideology
- How many US presidents in total
- Is Narendra Modi good or bad
- Should Cory Booker run for president
- What is a youtube comment bot
- Which laptop is better for programmers
- Why does Starbucks have a secret menu
- How is the food in the hostel of Christ University
- What does 5k mean in a salary
- Dogs can have cold bacon fat
- What happens to the animal world
- Machine learning is dying