Play CEOs video games
"GTA" publisher thinks that gamers are now ready for more expensive video games
So-called AAA games, i.e. the mostly multi-million dollar productions by large publishers and studios, have had a constant price for some time. While in Austria you usually pay just under 70 euros for the console version, in the USA it is 59 dollars. With the release of the Xbox Series X and PS5, individual developers tried to increase it, but it has not yet caught on. According to Strauss Zelnick, CEO of the GTA-Publishers Take-Two, but that could change. Because he is of the opinion that players are willing to pay more.
Zelnick presented his argument at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference. According to him, better experiences and a high replay value would justify higher prices, reports "Playfront". "We believe we always deliver more value than we ask to ensure that both the experience and what you pay for that experience are positive for the consumer," said the CEO.
No real price hike
In addition, the last real price increase was already 15 years ago, so now it is time to adjust it again. "We always want consumers to feel that we are delivering a lot more than we ask for in return. This also applies to recurring consumer spending," the argument goes.
Originally published in 2013 Grand Theft Auto V. has already survived two generations of consoles and is due to be released this year with significant improvements for the Xbox Series X and Playstation 5 as well. Microtransactions in multiplayer mode make the game particularly profitable in the long term GTA online. There you can buy the much-needed game currency with real money with so-called "Shark Cards". The developers try to keep players engaged with regular updates, which was apparently particularly successful in the past year, as DER STANDARD reported.
Publication the third party
According to Zelnick, the upcoming next-gen version should not just be a "simple port", but should have a special quality. You want to have both graphics and performance in view, which has already been proven in the Mafia remake. That GTA V is now being released for the third time on a new console, also raises the question of when a successor will appear. (mick, March 5, 2021)
- Why is India a secular country
- What should be the goal in life
- What solved your unsolved infertility problem
- Is it possible to build a tunnel inside a black hole?
- Why did the space shuttle fail?
- What is a class occupation exception
- Why was the Roman Empire so violent
- How does Quora deal with rhetorical questions
- Which is the best API service company
- What is the future of cognitive psychology
- What is APGAR
- Rome was the first republic ever
- Should I turn to machine learning?
- What was life like in AD 1000
- How rich is Adam D Angelo
- Can something that doesn't exist still exist
- Which shipping company pays for the CDL training
- Why do teenagers lie
- Which school subject requires the most memorization
- Is WordPress the future of web design
- Are neutrinos massive
- What should i do when i visit Belgrade
- What font does Everlane use
- What is the NPS Net Promoter Score