What is the Most Paid Dentist Specialty
The salary as a dentist
The dentist's salary at a glance
Since this training is an educational path that takes place through a degree, there is unfortunately no monthly training allowance during this phase.
However, you can ensure a monthly income, for example, by working as a student assistant in your field of study for a professor.
In addition to the regular income, a positive effect here is that you get an insight into the university structures and processes as well as further technical insights, for example when you support a lecturer in his research.
The fact is: a dentist usually earns quite well. Even when he started his career. But there are various factors to consider. Where are you employed? Or do you even go into business for yourself?
Based on the average, the dentist can initially expect a solid income of the following order of magnitude after completing his training.
- The starting salary as a dentist is on average between 3500 euros and 4800 euros gross per month.
The training to become a dentist
A nice and radiant smile is always a beautiful sight. In order for it to stay that way, you need to take good care of your teeth and regularly visit the dentist.
Because it helps with prevention and tackles any tooth defects that have already occurred. In addition, the profession of dentist is still one of the very highly endowed professions.
If you want to earn your money later in the job as a dentist, you must of course first look at a corresponding and extensive one in advance training qualify for this. And that means for this job: completing a degree.
- The study of dentistry usually lasts around eleven semesters and ends with the state examination or Bachelor or Master. However, a license to practice as a dentist must then be obtained from the authorities. Without this authorization, you are not allowed to practice this profession.
The salary in the employment relationship
If a young dentist has just finished his studies, he usually first works as an employee and receives a salary of around 1,500 euros.
Does the dentist on the other hand, as an employee in the public service, it is quite possible that he earns a salary between 3,300 and 4,360 euros a month.
Your own practice
If, on the other hand, the dentist works independently in his own practice, it increases salary enormous.
The average salary of the dentist is between 95,000 and 125,000 euros per year. So it is a lot more lucrative for a dentist to set up his own practice.
Different income in individual and group practices
The annual salary earned in individual practices is around 112,000 euros. Group practices earn slightly better on average at 122,000 euros. Nevertheless, the risk of self-employment is also fraught with a financial burden.
Setting up a dental practice costs around 350,000 euros. For this reason, existing practices are increasingly being taken over. Here you can benefit from existing equipment on the one hand and from an existing patient base on the other.
Here is a comparison of the average annual salaries:
|Employed dentist||Independent dentist|
|Annual salary: 36,000 euros||Annual salary: 112,000 euros|
Further training is compulsory for contract dentists
As a dentist with statutory health insurance, you are legally obliged to take part in further training courses on a regular basis. He must prove this to the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians every 5 years. If he cannot do this, he will receive a penalty in the form of a proportionately reduced payment of his fee.
So is a dentist legally and based on its professional code of conduct, certain types of a further education repeatedly and demonstrably to undergo at regular intervals. These include, for example:
- To attend courses and congresses
- take part in clinical observations
- Attendance of quality circles
- autodidactic study of specialist literature
In addition to the compulsory advanced training, which no dentist in Germany can avoid, there are of course also advanced training courses that serve individual specialization. These are then of course on a voluntary basis and each doctor can decide for himself whether he would like to attend such a training or not and adapt it to his own personal expertise and preferences.
There are many opportunities for further education. The main areas are:
- Oral surgery - implantology
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeon
- Dentist specializing in public health
- Degree program, e.g. Master of Oral Medicine in Implantology
Frequently asked questions about the salary as a dentist
These further training courses are particularly suitable for dentists:
- Advanced training in implantology
- Periodontology course
- Course in endodontics
- These courses are summarized under the collective term "structured advanced training".
Furthermore, a specialization in the following areas is of course possible:
- Further training to become a specialist dentist for oral surgery
- Training as an orthodontist
- Further training to become a specialist dentist for general dentistry
Since around 90% of the German population is a member of a statutory health insurance, the majority of dentists are members of the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Dentists.
In order to be a member and contract doctor, an application must also be submitted, which is first checked by an admissions committee and approved after acceptance. Admission to the health insurance fund cannot be granted directly after the course. Before this, a preparation period, the so-called assistant period of two years in an approved practice or in a dental clinic, must be proven.
Private dentists, i.e. dentists without statutory health insurance, treat only private patients, but are also allowed to treat statutory health insurance patients in emergencies. As a contract doctor, a dentist is obliged to treat every statutory patient according to the so-called benefit-in-kind principle.
This means that the dental services provided are billed to the respective health insurance company after the patient's electronic health card is presented. Billing is not done directly by the dentist, but by the responsible dental association.
Find the right employer
|The top 5 highest paid occupations||Annual salary|
|Chief physician||104,812.21 euros|
|Plastic surgeon||100,873.28 euros|
|Senior physician||96,948.29 euros|
Federal Employment Agency: BERUFENET
Institute for labor market and occupational research: PROFESSIONS as reflected in the statistics
Vocational Institute for Vocational Training: Professions
Vocational Institute for Vocational Training: Collective training allowances
- Why does water melt ice
- Are flare guns firearms
- Is rat meat halal
- What recent discovery in life fascinated you
- Which current film should I see
- How is GAA calculated in hockey
- Why does water melt ice
- Lawyers represent themselves
- Which cities in Vietnam are dangerous
- Where can I learn Malay
- How can I be manipulative
- What's the worst american food to try
- How can I make money with Google
- US forces are currently fighting in Iraq
- What happens after a therapist reports abuse
- Timett is the son of Timett a Targaryen
- How the TPP would affect American jobs
- What are you longing for
- Is zero a prime number
- Are related to Star Wars and Star Trek
- Did the Soviets defeat Germany in World War II
- Koreans hate Japanese
- Who can take the Jee exam
- Which bow has the longest shooting range