How fast is Japan's population falling
There are fewer and fewer children in Japan
More than a quarter of the population is over 65 years of age. Every year there are fewer residents in Japan. The number could even drop below 100 million by 2053.
Japan's population is aging on average. The number of children under the age of 14 fell by 200,000 year-on-year as of April 1 to a record low of 15.1 million, according to Interior Ministry data released on Monday.
This means that the number of children in the world's third largest economy has been falling for 39 years in a row. The proportion of children in the total population is only twelve percent. More than a quarter of the population (28.6 percent) is now over 65 years of age.
Under 100 million in the next 30 years?
In view of the low birth rates and increasing aging, the number of inhabitants of the Far Eastern island empire could fall from currently around 127 million, according to official estimates, to less than 100 million people in 2053. The background to this is, among other things, a trend among young Japanese men and women to marry later and later and to postpone the birth of their first child. In some sectors of the Japanese economy there is already an acute shortage of labor, also due to relatively low immigration.
It is true that the government of the right-wing conservative Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has made it a mission to oppose the population decline. The birth rate is to be increased from 1.4 children per woman in 2018 to 1.8 by 2026. The role of women in Japan's male-dominated society and economy is to be strengthened and the number of kindergartens, for example, increased. But the situation has not changed much so far. For comparison - in Austria the birth rate was only slightly higher, at 1.53 children per woman.
(APA / dpa)
- What if Islam never reached Kashmir?
- What makes you want to answer someone's questions
- How can you determine the stress syllable
- Is drop shipping profitable in India
- Why did Google buy Blogger
- What was the last name of Jesus' father
- What is the charging voltage regulator
- What is 5 5 3 3 1
- Why can't I just die forever
- Are KSRTC buses reliable
- Most beautiful natural places on earth
- What's the best gluten-free bread
- How does gravity expand time
- Own the US Maldives
- What is the truth behind reality TV
- What happens to abusers of women in prison?
- What is the difference between information and intelligence
- What was an authentic Nazi uniform
- What were lies told by your parents
- What do you usually eat
- What is 1 Billion in Binary
- Are related to Star Wars and Star Trek
- What are the problems in the B2B website
- Will the Philippines ever become Islamic?
- What is Reiter Syndrome
- What is work hardening
- Something will replace money
- How do exhibitions work
- How is the steam engine still used?
- How popular is TikTok
- What happens to the soul after enlightenment
- Where can I get customer sales leads
- Can you scare me with one sentence?
- Is dark matter a null hypothesis