There are rules for formal dress
The first impression in the interview is extremely important. It is therefore very important to choose appropriate clothing for the job interview. The greatest difficulty here is probably to choose a formal outfit that fits neatly, in which you feel comfortable at the same time, but does not appear disguised and which still gives you an individual touch. With the following rules of thumb, however, nothing can go wrong with clothing ...
General: rules of thumb
- Choose formal clothes that you still feel comfortable in. If you feel completely uncomfortable in a suit, dark, decent (!) Jeans with a shirt and jacket are also acceptable for the interview.
- Suits, suits or pantsuits in muted colors are commonplace. You can't go wrong with these clothes.
- Individual touch with accessories such as tie, jewelry, scarf - but not too cluttered, you shouldn't glitter like a Christmas tree.
- The clothing should be of a higher quality - don't panic, a designer show is not necessary. Nevertheless: high-quality clothing supports self-confidence and creates a competent impression.
- Above all, clothing should be one thing: clean and ironed.
Which outfit for which position or industry?
Of course, the right outfit for the interview also depends on the industry in which you work: creative people, for example, have more freedom in choosing clothes than applicants for a position in the bank. In general, one can say that the more customer contact, the more subtle and classic the clothing should be. After all, in some industries a certain appearance of the employees is a prerequisite. For example, hardly anyone assumes that bank employees don't have to wear a suit to their job.
In general, the clothing should therefore be based on the industry and the desired position. In a position with a lot of customer contact, such as in the insurance or financial sector, clothing should be subtle, classic and formal. The same applies in the event that you apply for a management position. One can say here that the higher the position sought, the more elegant and classic the clothing style should be. Here, dark, muted colors are part of the dress code like the amen in church. A tie is a must here.
Somewhat more casual clothing can be worn in jobs where there is little contact with customers. For example, jeans have largely established themselves as an item of clothing for job interviews in the IT industry. In general, it should be noted that at the interview it is better to be dressed a little too formally than too casual. If you are lucky enough to be hired, it is best to orientate yourself on your work colleagues when it comes to clothing in order to be adequately dressed for everyday work.
Even if the rules regarding clothes for job interviews have loosened somewhat in recent years - e.g. For example, jeans with a shirt or blouse are well established in some industries - there are some clothes that are still considered no-go:
- Comic print ties
- Tennis socks under the suit
- Patterned socks
- Showing up without tights, bare legs are not part of the job interview, even in midsummer
- See-through fabrics or dark underwear under light-colored clothing
- Necklines that are cut too low,
- too high slits on the skirt or even mini skirt
- Spaghetti top
- Colorful, bright, heavily patterned clothing
- Never barefoot please
- Remove conspicuous piercings
- Tangled, not sitting hair
- Dirty shoes
- Why does TASMAC dominate the Tamils
- How modern is Turkey
- What makes India so unique
- Is Wix better for beginners than Wordpress
- What are some interesting facts about geology
- Is outsourcing a problem in your country?
- Veterinary medicine is difficult
- Truck drivers buy their own trucks
- How is Python used in website programming
- Gambling can survive the current bitcoin casinos
- How do I promote content on Quora
- What is HHBD
- What is the largest mattress size
- Why don't people like CrossFit
- What is a product development job
- Which is the coolest beach in Goa
- How does the porosity develop in rocks
- Why is fast food important
- What is OpenXR
- Is there racism in Norway
- What is philosophy of history
- Kurt Cobain was an icon of alienation
- Wear viking earrings
- How do I calculate the real wage
- How do I crack Gate ECE 2018
- What are the GTA Online Money Cheats
- Do flies have a brain
- Why is 3D computer graphics still unrealistic
- What is 3 1 2 2 2
- How much do hardware engineers earn
- Why do relationships always end
- Why shouldn't Americans own semi-automatic firearms?
- Why do Americans migrate overseas