Can we cure cancer with whiskey?
Five reasons whiskey is good for your health
Whether one of the most expensive whiskeys in the world or a good starter - Forbes magazine has evaluated several studies and found five reasons why whiskey is good for your health. And of course we don't want to withhold that from you. In addition to the five tips, we also recommend the GQ guide on how to enjoy whiskey properly.
1. Whiskey prevents cancer
Whiskey contains numerous anti-oxidants, including ellagic acid, which clear damaged cells in the body that can cause cancer. The most important rule here is of course - as always - enjoyment in moderation. We prefer to ignore the fact that the same anti-oxidants are also found in numerous types of fruit.
2. Whiskey reduces the risk of developing dementia
Several studies have shown that people who consume alcohol in moderation have a lower risk of developing dementia than people who do not drink alcohol or drink a lot. This applies to all types of alcohol, but whiskey is about enjoyment - that's why three to four glasses a week is a good value that you can easily keep. (Also read: You should try this whiskey this week)
3. Whiskey reduces the risk of heart disease
The same applies here as with dementia: People who drink alcohol in moderation reduce the risk of heart disease. The anti-oxidants already mentioned are to blame. A study by the Rowett Research Institute in Aberdeen went one step further and examined the amount of positive substances in people's bodies after drinking wine, single malt whiskey or freshly distilled liquor. The result: The single malt drinkers achieved the best values. According to the study, six glasses of whiskey a week is the optimal measure (of course only if no other alcohol is added).
4. Whiskey contains no fat, no carbohydrates, almost no sugar
Are you on a diet? Whiskey is the perfect companion. No fat, no carbohydrates and a minimal amount of sugar. Even for people with gluten intolerance, enjoyment is not a problem: Thanks to the distillation, all substances that can trigger reactions (except feelings of happiness) have disappeared from the drink.
5. Whiskey is a wonderful medicine for the common cold
The best recipe for a cold? If you ask Scots, English, Australians or Welsh people, this is freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice mixed with a good sip of whiskey and a teaspoon of honey. And anyone who has already enjoyed this medicine will be able to confirm that it not only tastes good, but also really works. You will fall into a sweet deep sleep that is gentle on the throat and calming the nerve endings and then wakes up again very relaxed. The healing effect of whiskey: It dilates the blood vessels and makes it easier for the body to deal with the infection.
- How many movies have you ever seen
- Are jewelry cleaners safe
- Who is the wiser Seneca or Marcus Aurelius
- Which degree is the best for PMP
- How similar is Cantonese to Taiwanese Hokkien
- How do I improve employee branding
- What is 3 3 3 3
- Is meat IDd before slaughter
- How does a relationship work
- Why is retirement homes
- What would Jesus do with weapons?
- What laws are not worth obeying?
- Why did capitalism defeat communism?
- How do you feel about the final
- Can we use hemp concrete to build skyscrapers?
- Which holistic methods guarantee the health of the prostate?
- What is the function of the liver
- Do you see god
- Raise a gun to suicidal thoughts
- How do you translate
- Squarespace is a great alternative to Wordpress
- Why can't I remember what I dreamed
- Is it worth using the Nextdoor app
- What is drama-based corporate training
- How are you better
- Can Google Analytics Instagram track
- How safe is street food in Dominica
- What if Facebook no longer exists after 2020
- What is the factory building cost
- How does the e-commerce business work
- What is the speed of light 16
- What bad things do rich people do
- Which is the best study Bible
- Has the British Army ever mutinied