Where can I find data science articles
Data Science: The Best Data Science Resources
Data scientists are becoming more and more important for companies. These free resources inform you about the exciting and very well paid job of the data scientist. [...]
Data scientists use methods, processes, algorithms and systems to draw knowledge and conclusions from structured and unstructured data. The data scientists generate information from large amounts of data and derive recommendations for the company so that it can work more efficiently in the future. Despite or perhaps because of the high demand, there is currently a shortage of data scientists.
Perhaps you have even considered continuing your education in data science yourself. The good news is that there are many helpful free resources online that will enable you to find out more about data science. In order not to lose the overview, we have put together the 15 best and free resources for you - both for beginners and "old hands" in data science.
Level 1 - The Basics
First of all, it is important to acquire the basic concepts of data science. In addition to the Python programming language, this also includes mathematical principles. Here are five very different resources, from movies to an online course:
- For a playful introduction, we recommend the film Moneyball with Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill. The film shows impressively which areas of daily life can be influenced by data analysis.
- Data science is based on mathematics. Hadrien Jean has compiled everything future data scientists need to know about mathematics on his blog hadrienj.github.io.
- The Python programming language is also a basic requirement for becoming a data scientist. At Dataquest.io, anyone can easily learn R, Python and SQL online without any prior knowledge.
- A holistic course on data science can be found at Julien Beaulieu at julienbeaulieu.github.io. Julien presents a really comprehensive curriculum with online resources to those interested. Goal: A comprehensive education in the field of data science.
- If you prefer to learn visually, Josh Starmer's YouTube channel StatQuest with Josh Starmer is the place for you. Josh divides the complex topic of data science into small and easy-to-understand steps in order to slowly but surely build an understanding of the topic.
Level 2 - Learn more
As soon as you have understood the basics of data science, you can delve deeper into the subject, learn from practice and understand exciting projects. The main aim here is to deepen and supplement existing knowledge.
- With the Data Science Weekly newsletter you are always up to date with the latest developments in data science. Current reports, articles and job offers are sent to subscribers on a weekly basis. There are more articles and interviews on the website.
- Grant Sanderson's YouTube channel 3Blue1Brown is a great way to deepen the math skills you have learned from Level 1. The videos are a mix of math and entertainment. The aim is to make difficult issues easy to understand with the help of animations.
- Advanced data scientists cannot avoid dealing with deep learning. With fast.ai, data scientist Jeremy Howard tries to make deep learning easily accessible through courses for programmers, a software library, own research and with a pronounced community aspect.
- Another online course is the MIT Deep Learning course. This is about deep learning methods with applications in the areas of computer vision, natural language and biology, among others. Participants learn the basics of deep learning algorithms and gain practical experience in building neural networks.
- Those who want to use their time as effectively as possible or learn best by listening can use the OCDevel podcast. Here, too, everything revolves around the topic of machine learning.
Level 3 - Stay on the ball
The world of data science is constantly on the move. That is why it is particularly important for data scientists to always stay up to date and learn new things.
- The Dataskeptic Podcasts brings out a new episode every week in which leading experts talk about data science, machine learning and AI.
- PyCon is the largest annual gathering of the Python community. The conference is organized from within the Python community. Recordings of conference contributions from all over the world can be found on the PyCon YouTube channel.
- The ML in Production blog presents best practices for the use of machine learning. The aim is to use application-oriented examples to help data scientists, machine learning engineers and AI product managers to build and use machine learning systems.
- The TWIML AI Podcast deals with machine learning and AI. Machine learning and AI have drastically changed the world of work, the podcast gives a voice to the latest trends in the person of scientists, data scientists and decision-makers in IT.
- Sebastian Ruder, a scientist in the field of natural language processing, blogs on ruder.io about machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing. The blog is particularly suitable for data science experts who want to stay up to date with the latest research.
* Richard O’Grady is Country Manager Germany at Le Wagon, an international provider of coding bootcamps.
- Which is the more developed Brazil or Malaysia
- What was the best battleship in World War II
- Is Idaho safe to live
- Why is 3D computer graphics still unrealistic
- How can I promote this free site
- Why should we take mental health seriously
- Why do so few countries trust China
- Why do Filipinos like to come to Armenia
- How could society improve grocery stores
- Is love a choice
- What are the most immigrant-friendly countries
- Melanin makes you age more slowly
- Why do we need to know statistics
- Are you charismatic
- Why do we breathe faster when we run
- Spiritual healing works
- What do Americans think of the Iraqi people?
- Do women prefer sex or masturbation
- How do I learn social media
- Where is the female vagina located?
- Is the Veeramachaneni diet useful
- What makes your wife husband unique
- Are singers automatically tuned to The Voice
- Can people perceive time
- How do you block someone on Quora
- How important is sex in our life
- What drugs are synonymous with Qualudes today
- What is a social media marketing agency
- How is the US economy measured
- What motivates people to be Quora reviewers
- What is the zip code for Zambia
- What are the best resorts on Maui