How is gamification used in companies
Gamification: game elements to increase the company's success
Gamification came as a strategy for the corporate context only in the early 2000s on. The programmer and author Nick Pelling, who is said to have coined it in 2002, is considered to be the inventor of the term.
The idea of using playful elements to win or retain customers and to motivate employees is much older, however.
Psychiatric clinics were already operating in the 1960s with a so-called token economy, a systematic reward system in which patients were given chips for desired behavior, which they could later exchange for certain rewards. Airlines have been working with us since the 1990s Bonus miles programs and for decades, supermarkets have relied on loyalty programs. Even the award "Employee of the Month" can be classified as playful competition to increase motivation and understand it as gamification.
While gamification used to take place analogously and according to a simple reward scheme, today's variants are usually digital and the gaming experience is more sophisticated.
In some cases, the physical and digital world can also interlock - for example, when the “Zombies Run” app provides motivation during running training or an app such as “EpicWin” combines daily tasks with a digital role-playing game.
- Why is sleep paralysis a thing
- What is true beauty in humans
- Should Mark Zuckerberg be respected
- What is your opinion on teenage relationships
- Is IIM better than Anna University
- Why do cats like to hunt lasers
- How much food do thin people eat
- What is the diet after bariatric surgery
- What foods do the Japanese not eat?
- What is data literacy
- Why are creation myths important to societies
- What is the current content marketing strategy
- How common is gallbladder cancer
- Which democratic politics do you disagree with?
- How does Google rank search results
- Why is the government taxing prize money
- Affiliate Marketing is a profitable niche
- Why are no accused presidents sent to jail?
- Education is required for politics
- Is the Sharia law inhuman?
- How would beings of the 8th dimension be?
- Why do slim men marry obese women
- The privacy of Quora is threatened
- What is the importance of employee branding