Which day comes before Monday
The days of the week in German
by Alexander Nietsch
For what level is this blog article written?
This article on the topic of "The days of the week in German" is aimed at everyone who speaks German from the Level A1 learn.
From Monday to Sunday - the German weekdays
Knowing the days of the week in a foreign language is very useful. It enables the planning of hotel stays, excursions and appointments.
How to correctly spell the German days of the week
In German, the week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday.
Except for mid - week all days of the week end with the ending -Day.
Friday - day
The German days of the week are always capitalized because they are proper names.
All German weekdays have a male article.
Examples of the use of the days of the week in German
- At the Friday let's go to a concert.
- The Sunday is a Christian holiday.
- The Monday is the first working day of the week.
- Saturday and Sunday is called a weekend.
The official abbreviations for the days of the week
The German days of the week can be abbreviated. The abbreviation consists of the first two letters of the day of the week.
There can be a point after the two letters. The abbreviation is only written, not spoken.
Writing the day of the week
Abbreviation of the day of the week
- Who killed Christians more communism or Islam
- What do you think of word names
- Can Russia invade Great Britain
- How can I avoid unhealthy food cravings
- Why did Ouya fail
- Are rhetorical questions about Quora allowed?
- Why do some horses look like cows?
- Is there oxygen in Mars
- Why is the Malacca Strait important
- What were your impressions of a visit to Hawaii
- What are entertainment websites
- How would you describe American society?
- What happens when the DNA is damaged
- Why do male lions kill the young
- Is JUUL more dangerous than smoking cigarettes
- Can you be happy to be unhappy
- Are your messages activated?
- Are Indians happy in the USA?
- Why can't I cancel my A2A request?
- What are magnetic materials
- Can the police use fully automatic weapons
- What are the characteristics of a real person?
- Can you be happy if you don't do anything?
- If you stay hungry, you will lose weight