Bulk powder protein is good
Protein powder: test, comparison and buying guide
Protein powder has become indispensable in today's world of athletes. Whether to support muscle building or as a weight loss aid, protein powder is probably the easiest way to meet your daily protein needs. However, there is now a confusing range of ingredients and compositions that should be considered. In order to keep an overview, we have summarized all the important purchase criteria for you and dealt with current tests on the subject of protein powder.
Table of Contents
the essentials in brief
- A general distinction is made between the protein sources of protein powder and animal and vegetable proteins
- High-quality protein powder always has a high protein content in addition to rather low carbohydrate and fat content
- Less is more! The fewer additives there are, the better the purity of the protein
- Pure protein is not to everyone's taste. That's why there are a variety of delicious flavors that you can choose between
The best protein shakes: editors' favorites
So that you don't get lost in the online jungle of protein powders, we have filtered out the best protein powders for every taste for you after a long research.
The best whey protein for building muscle: ESN Designer Whey Protein
- is particularly rich in essential amino acids
- Very soluble and also easy to digest thanks to the best whey proteins
- is also suitable for losing weight due to its low fat and carbohydrate content
- The production by micro and ultrafiltration guarantee the almost complete preservation of the important protein components
- soluble in water and milk
- sometimes lumps when baking
The whey protein powder is a wonderful helper not only for building muscle, but also for losing weight. Because of its low levels of fat and carbohydrates around 5%, it is low in calories and has a full taste. From vanilla to strawberry to chocolate, there is something for everyone in terms of taste. Flavors such as Cookie and Cream or Blueberry Cheesecake make the protein shake an experience.
Since the whey concentrate is ultrafiltered during production and the whey isolate is processed using CFM (cross-flow microfiltration), a high protein content is retained, in contrast to many other manufacturers. You can optimally use this whey protein powder with a vegetarian diet.
You can find the 4 best whey protein powders in our whey protein test
The best vegan protein powder: Alpha Foods Protein
- vegan protein powder with protein from rice, soy, peas, linseed, sunflower seeds and chia seeds
- pleasantly creamy thanks to coconut milk and the sweetener of the stevia plant
- without artificial additives and without industrial sugar - therefore very digestible
- high quality made in Germany and verified by the Fresenius Institute
- is good for baking and cooking
- minor clumping
The vegan protein powder contains vegetable protein from rice, soy, peas, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. Due to the organic basis, these protein sources can gradually be well absorbed by the human organism.
The vegan protein powder achieves additional creaminess through the use of coconut milk and a delicious taste with fresh vanilla. Since there are no sweeteners, the plant-based shake is well tolerated and can also be used for baking and cooking, as its purity means that no organic compounds are formed that could be harmful to health.
You can find the 8 best vegan protein powders in our vegan protein powder test
The best casein protein: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Casein
- rich in essential amino acids and provides an extended source of protein due to its slow digestibility
- with 24 g high-quality micellar casein protein per serving, it effectively supplies the body with the amino acids overnight
- free from added sugar
- lower 116 kcal snack at any time of the day or at best before bed
- especially popular with competition and competitive athletes
The ingredients of this protein powder help to achieve maximum fitness even after intensive training. In addition, no sugar is added. In addition, Optimum Nutrition is one of the best-selling brands of protein powders and promises first-class quality.
The preparation can be made with water or milk. According to unanimous customer reviews, both options promise a full taste at a great price-performance ratio. The casein protein powder recommended by top athletes is available in 1.82 kg with 55 servings.
You can find the 3 best casein powders in our casein protein test
The best protein powder for weight loss: Nutri + Shape and Shake
- 6-component protein powder lactose-free and contains over 80% protein
- No genetic engineering or preservatives
- free from sugar, gelatine, aspartame, palm oil and colorings
- the laboratory-tested premium quality promises a low-fat and low-carbohydrate complex
- it is recommended for baking and cooking
- partial powder deposits on the edge of the shaker
The protein powder developed by nutritionists is regularly tested during production. The 80% proteins present are made up of vegetable protein sources. This includes GMO-free soy protein isolate and proteins from rice, almonds, peas, sunflower and wheat. The existing wheat content also provides an ideal basis for cooking or baking.
In addition, the essential amino acids BCAA and EAA help the protein to be effectively absorbed and give full strength even after a strenuous workout. Customer reviews promise a top price-performance ratio, as well as a great taste experience.
The best tasteless protein powder: Bulk Powders Pure Whey
- the high-quality whey protein isolate provides 27 g of protein per serving
- optimal solubility without lump formation in milk and water
- An enjoyable, neutral taste is offered while the addition of sugar and aspartame is omitted
- can ideally be taken alongside a balanced diet
- the quality is characterized by an excellent amino acid profile
- Closure a little harder to close
In contrast to many others, the neutral-tasting protein source is also very digestible and can therefore also be used perfectly for baking and cooking. A lump-free solubility of the protein powder helps the body to absorb it well. Whether in water or milk, the powder not only tastes pleasantly neutral, it also has no unpleasant odor.
In addition to the neutral taste, the manufacturer also offers numerous other flavors. These are available in either 500 g, 1 kg or even 2.5 kg packaging. All directions are also gluten-free, contain only a small amount of lactose and are rich in the amino acids glutamine and BCAA.
The best protein powder with a full taste: Multipower 100% Pure Whey Protein
- perfect after a workout, as it is absorbed by the body extremely quickly
- excellent taste combined with 24 g high quality protein per serving
- donates 80% whey protein from 3 sources: isolate, concentrate and hydrolyzate
- the contained vitamin B6 stimulates the protein metabolism and thus helps the muscles in their natural regeneration
- 7 different flavors
- Measuring spoon not attached to the lid
The water-soluble protein all-rounder also consists of a total of 80% proteins, with the protein isolate being the main source of protein alongside the concentrate and hydrolyzate. The powder has particularly good solubility both in milk and, above all, in water. Based on the whey proteins, this product helps the muscles to absorb quickly and thus gives strength and energy for the next day.
It is therefore advisable to take 30 g of powder in 200 ml of water at best after training. In addition to the vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavors, there are also unusual variations such as Coffee Caramel or Salty Peanut Caramel.
The best protein powder without additives: proteinclub Natural Whey Protein
- Free of artificial flavors and sweeteners, as well as gluten and soy
- he quality-tested protein powder dispenses with stabilizers, preservatives, flavor enhancers and thickeners
- helps in the regeneration of muscles and supports fat loss
- general sweetness arises solely from the stevia used
- excellent for a vegetarian diet
- the sweetness is a matter of taste
Furthermore, gluten, soy, flavor enhancers and thickeners are omitted, which contributes to the incredible purity of this protein powder. Nevertheless, it helps to burn fat with over 22 g of protein per serving by reducing the general feeling of hunger. Muscle build-up during a regeneration phase after a workout is also supported and the entire metabolism is boosted.
The protein powder, which consists of only 4 ingredients, which is whey protein concentrate, natural flavor, vanilla powder and stevia, is also involved. Thus 1% of every sale goes to the aid organization Vitamin Angels. According to customer reviews, the protein powder also performs perfectly in terms of taste. It is available in three flavors: vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.
Protein powder contains a high level of protein, which allows your muscle mass to grow and protects it from being broken down
Buying guide for protein powder
In order to keep an overview and to help you on the way to the right protein powder, we have summarized all the important purchase criteria for you.
What is protein powder?
Along with fats and carbohydrates, protein is one of the most important main nutrients for the human body. However, the amino acids contained are essential for our survival, but we cannot produce them ourselves and have to take them in with our food. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends an intake of at least 0.8 grams per kilogram of your own body weight. In order to maintain or even build up increased muscle mass, up to 2 kg per kilogram of body weight are appropriate.
Since it can sometimes be difficult these days to fine-tune your diet, protein powder can help you out. The high protein content allows you to divide your daily ration in the best possible way without having to cook for hours. In addition, the fluid can be more easily absorbed by the muscles, especially after strenuous exercise. Usually the dosage is around 30 g of powder with 300 ml of water or milk. However, these values vary from product to product.
A basic distinction is made between milk proteins, whey proteins and vegetable protein sources. Vegetable proteins are based on soy, rice, peas or multigrain proteins. Whey protein powder is made from whey and sometimes has a high proportion of the important amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine and generally has a high biological value. Milk protein, also known as casein (or casein), is usually available as protein powder with 80% protein. Since it contains lactose, this can lead to uncomfortable digestive problems for those who are lactose intolerant.
Vegetable protein powders are particularly suitable for people who have to deal with high cholesterol levels, as they are cholesterol-free. There are also some vegan protein powders without soy. Rice, peas or multigrain protein powder can be an alternative for you if you have allergies with milk, egg or soy.
Applications of protein powder
So protein powder is an all-rounder in a compact form, but what can you use it for in the end? In addition to the pure intake of protein, protein powder also helps you with:
- Muscle building and maintenance
- To lose weight
Muscle building and posture
Protein powder can help your muscles to regenerate faster and, by conveying all the important components, increase growth. After intense workouts, the body can better absorb and use proteins in liquid form.
Seen figuratively, you can imagine that when the muscles are very active, they are damaged. The regeneration here means the healing of the injuries, which is often known as "sore muscles". The protein powder supplies the injured muscle area and provides enough nutrients to heal and grow larger in the process.
To lose weight
Protein powder can help you with diets. Often proteins are a little neglected with reduced food intake. The intake of enough protein and its associated amino acids helps you to maintain your muscle mass, which overall reduces the risk of a yo-yo effect.
In addition, many protein shakes give a longer-lasting feeling of satiety and their mostly existing sweetness makes it a superhero against small cravings. All of this with mostly low levels of carbohydrates and fats, which means that overall fewer calories are absorbed by the protein powder.
There are protein powders to suit every diet
Protein powder - types
The protein sources of various protein powders can basically be divided into animal and vegetable proteins. What makes them what they are and what makes them stand out can be found in the following section.
Protein powder made from animal protein
Animal protein powder is the name given to products with protein sources, which are obtained from whey, egg or milk proteins. In food, for example, these refer to meat, poultry and other animal foods. Basically it has been proven that animal proteins do not contain more amino acids, but that their biological value is higher there.
This describes to what extent the amino acids can be used in their composition by the human body. However, whether this is “better” than vegetable proteins is up for debate. Expert opinions differ here, as there is generally an increased cardiovascular risk with animal proteins and they disrupt the acid-base balance of a person.
|Benefits of animal protein||Disadvantages of animal proteins|
|Better composition & amount of essential amino acids||Generally increases the risk of cardiovascular disease|
|High biological value||Disrupts the acid-base balance|
Protein powder made from vegetable protein
Vegetable proteins generally find their sources in soy, legumes, seeds or nuts. Basically, these are considered very healthy because they are accompanied by unsaturated fatty acids and therefore pose a significantly lower health risk. As already mentioned, these contain the same amino acids, but in a different amount and composition.
- Is passion developed or found
- Who is the richest Bollywood personality
- What games can I play on the PC
- What causes schizophrenia
- What is Huntington WV known for
- What is a sledgehammer used for?
- Which fruits are popular in Uganda
- What if the Supreme Court were a villain?
- Can we cure cancer with whiskey?
- What are uses of quartz
- Why do you feel down today?
- Which startups are based in Melbourne, Australia
- A farmer is hard work
- Can you create matter
- Can the secret service override the president?
- What is 10 10 10 10 20
- How do I deal with terrible relatives
- What is the chemical formula of wood
- Should I be proud to be Vietnamese
- What does Texas Instruments do besides pocket calculators
- What are some alternative locations to Alibaba
- How much profit do grocery stores make
- Why is unhappiness more common than happiness?
- How does AI differ from human intelligence
- How smart is Donald Trump
- How do I get back in time
- How do I keep my relationship strong
- Were German soldiers actually Nazis in World War II
- What is data mining 7
- Ken Livingstone is anti-Semitic
- Carrot cake is a vegetable
- Why is globalization important
- Why is drarry even a thing
- Why is NDTV biased against Congress