What is a phishing website
Phishing doesn't go online
70 percent of Germans now do their banking online (BITKOM). That is why credit institutions and payment services such as PayPal take extensive security measures to protect their Protecting Internet Customers. Internet criminals try to circumvent this protection - for example, through so-called phishing.
The perpetrators send bogus emails, so-called Phishing emails, or appear as a trustworthy person on social networks. You want to induce recipients to reveal personal data such as access data, passwords, transaction numbers, etc. Internet scammers lure their victims with bogus emails and list them professionally designed websites. There you should enter your access data.
But there is also phishing on phone. Fraudsters disguise themselves as employees of a credit institute, a technical support team or a call center and ask the person called for confidential data under the pretense of facts.
Phishing letters can also land in the mailbox. In official letters with Visa or Mastercard logos, fraudsters are asking their victims to issue a security password online for Internet payments due to the increasing number of fraudulent payments with payment card data. Before doing so, the victims must of course provide their own data. If this does not happen, the letter writers warn that the card will be blocked within 14 days. Transactions are then no longer possible.
With the fished personal data fraudsters can misuse ("Identity Theft" = assumption of a foreign identity) and with the pretended identity on behalf of the injured party Do almost all business online (transfer money, take advantage of overdraft facilities, make online purchases, etc.). This results in considerable economic damage year after year.
Companies are also increasingly affected by phishing attacks. Criminals aim to gain access to company data or to gain access to the company network in order to then sabotage it.
- Ever take courses online
- Replaces VPN the ISP
- How to sharpen a box cutter
- How do I change fingerprints?
- Does silence mean yes in a relationship
- How will life be in 2020
- What do you think of old people
- Capacitors are poisonous
- Web development is a respectable career
- Are all sharks immune to cancer
- Why is Maggi number one in pasta
- Are water filters safe
- Is ACCA qualified for CPA Australia
- Most people are successful and happy
- The Malay language has local dialects
- Which weight loss capsules should I use?
- My dog is drooling. Is she pregnant?
- What are SMS messages
- What are the disadvantages of traditional education
- How do I empty my mind
- Which countries allow weapons in schools?
- What is a smooth rifle
- What is inflammation according to immunology
- What is systematic sampling