Which country gives a job search visa
Residence permit for job search for skilled workers - issue
Issuance of a residence permit for skilled workers who want to look for employment (employment or self-employment) in Germany that is appropriate to their qualifications.
Whether and for how long the residence permit can be issued, however, depends on how long and for what purpose the specialist has already been in the federal territory:
- a) Skilled worker with vocational trainingwho have recently entered the country or who previously held a residence permit for gainful employment or in accordance with Section 16e of the Residence Act (EU study-related internship):
- b) Professional with academic trainingwho have recently entered the country or who previously held a residence permit for employment or in accordance with Section 16e of the Residence Act (EU study-related internship):
- c) After a stay to study according to § 16b or § 16c Residence Act and successful completion of studies in Germany:
- d) After Completion of a research activity with a residence permit according to § 18d or § 18f of the Residence Act:
- e) After successful completion of a qualified vocational training in the federal territory with a residence permit according to § 16a Residence Act:
- f) After Determination of the equivalence of the professional qualification or the granting of the professional license in the federal territory with a residence permit according to § 16d Residence Act:
Please also note this:
- In cases a) and b), the residence permit entitles the employee to undertake trial employment of a maximum of 10 hours per week, which the specialist is able to exercise. Self-employment is not permitted.
- In the other cases, any gainful activity is permitted.
- An extension of this residence permit is excluded if no suitable employment could be found within the period of validity.
- A new residence permit can only be issued for appropriate employment or if there is a legal entitlement.
- If you have a foreign university degree: The university degree must be recognized in Germany A query can be made in the online database of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) as to whether the foreign university degree is recognized in Germany (see section "Further information").
If the database does not contain any meaningful information, applicants are obliged to apply to the ZAB for an individual, fee-based assessment of their qualifications and to submit this (see section "Further information").
- Main residence in Berlin
- Personal interview is required
- Valid passport
- 1 recent biometric photo 35mm x 45mm, frontal shot with a neutral facial expression and closed mouth looking straight into the camera, light background
- If you are a skilled worker with vocational training: training certificate / training certificate For vocational training abroad: in the original language as an officially certified copy and in a German translation as a simple copy
- If you are a professional with academic training: Foreign university degree
- in the original language as an officially certified copy and in a German translation as a simple copy
- If necessary, evaluation of your foreign university degree (see section "Requirements")
- If you studied in Germany: Degree Graduation certificate, certificate or attestation from your university of the successful completion of your studies
- When your research activity in Germany has been completed: documents on the termination of employment
- If you have successfully completed qualified vocational training in Germany: German training certificate
- After a stay in Germany for the recognition of your foreign professional qualification Notification of the competent authority about the successful recognition
For regulated professions: also professional license
- Health insurance Travel health insurance is only sufficient if you have not previously stayed in Germany and the residence permit is issued for a maximum of 12 months.
Please note our information sheet on health insurance (see section "Further information").
- Proof of secure livelihood For example account statements, submission of a declaration of commitment by third parties
- Application form for a residence permit Only required for newcomers and first-time applications
- Proof of main residence in Berlin
- Certificate of registration of the apartment (confirmation of registration) or
- Rental agreement and confirmation of move-in from the landlord
- 100.00 euros
- 28.80 euros for Turkish citizens
Average time of processing
We therefore recommend an interview 4 to 6 weeks before the previous residence permit expires. If possible, book an appointment for this.
The service can only be used at the State Immigration Office (LEA) at the Keplerstrasse location.
- Why is Python used for
- How was alliteration done
- Where did the Titanic's coordinates go down
- What food can cause a miscarriage
- What are some short sweet sentences
- What did you learn from the 2048 game
- Who is the richest person in Slovakia
- What accent do i have
- How can we say we are in Telugu
- How do I get to Goa
- Joe Biden is examined
- How can you prove the twin paradox
- Can I get citizenship in Australia
- Why do mothers prefer sons to daughters
- Has Malaysia ever been a powerful country
- Get paid guest bloggers
- Can magnets work in space
- Will the US ever tax churches?
- How many times are U.S. immigrant visas denied?
- How should I learn math 1
- Who modified the edit question to edit the answer
- What are some breathtaking questions
- Database normalization is important
- Which food contains vitamin B1