How are songwriters paid
Between No. 1 hit and part-time job: How little does Spotify pay the songwriters?
As in so many industries, the corona pandemic relentlessly exposed the wounds that had been gaping for a long time within the music industry. In Great Britain, the songwriters are now sounding the alarm: The streaming income is not enough to pay rent and living, even with big hits in front and behind. Before the pandemic, very few songwriters would have paid attention to the bills from the streaming area because the live business simply brought in enough money, some musicians affected tell the British radio broadcaster BBC. Part-time jobs as Uber drivers are now a necessary and sad standard in the industry. One musician says she received just £ 100 from streaming for her work on several songs on Kylie Minogue's latest album, Disco. A shockingly small amount for a lot of work.
The songwriters around Nile Rodgers and Fiona Bevan do not blame the streaming services for the problem. Rather, it is the labels that do not leave the musicians enough. Due to opaque contracts between labels and streaming providers, the songwriters don't even know how much money their label actually receives. However, many suspect that only an extremely small portion of the royalties ends up in their account and that the labels get the biggest piece of the pie. "There should just be more transparency," demands Rodgers, who became known as a member of the band Chic.
- Should chase the US Navy on diesel submarines
- How do diseases cause symptoms
- Which shipping company pays for the CDL training
- Why does Singapore not allow free speech
- Is PC racist
- How to stop using chewing tobacco
- What will the death of Fortnite be
- What do dogs think of people
- What percentile is a standard deviation
- Can wild wolves be domesticated like dogs?
- Can you suggest web hosting companies to me
- Can I apply for an internship?
- All scientists make their own discoveries
- What is more difficult B2C marketing or B2B marketing
- Can we take Sabja seeds regularly?
- Passion changes over time
- Where permutations and combinations are used
- Christianity started with Jesus
- What screams, I'm an ex-military
- Is the stock market mostly random
- What exactly do fashion bloggers do
- French send Christmas cards
- What are some examples of abstract poems
- Indian women hire a male prostitute