Why should you share your answer
4 tips on how to properly respond to negative reviews
Have you just received a critical review? This is sure to be an unpleasant experience for you. Finally, you offer the rating system so that as many of your customers as possible rate and share the positive shopping experiences in your shop. But even if you have worked absolutely flawlessly, a customer may perceive the buying experience differently.
When customers express their dissatisfaction, there can be various reasons. One customer would like you, but also other buyers, to share in their individual experience. Another customer, on the other hand, expects a concrete solution or compensation, while another customer wants to get rid of his frustration because from his personal point of view something went wrong.
So that you can respond to all of these motivations in the best possible way, we would like to give you a few tips at this point:
Tip 1: react quickly and objectively
As a member of Trusted Shops, you have the option of responding to a critical review with a comment. Based on our many years of experience, we advise you to use this option and to comment on negative reviews as soon as possible and to respond to the review. An answer is particularly advisable for two reasons. On the one hand, by reacting quickly, you show that you take the criticism expressed seriously and value it. On the other hand, you have the option of informing the customer of your answer by e-mail and thus looking for a direct exchange. In addition, this email gives the evaluating person the opportunity to change the submitted evaluation later if necessary. To do this, simply activate the checkbox under your comment.
But what is the best way to react in the face of a critical assessment? At first glance, you may be disappointed, scared or even angry in view of the comment you have made. These feelings are perfectly normal and understandable - after all, from your point of view, you did everything to process the order properly. In such an emotional situation it is difficult to comment objectively on a critical assessment. Before we go into the best approach to a reaction, we would like to give you a few basic tips in advance:
- First take a deep breath. Anger is a natural reaction to criticism that is perceived as unfair. However, it is a poor companion for a professional handling of this criticism.
- Try not to take the rating and the criticism expressed in it personally. A customer does not rate you as a person, only your individual shopping experience.
- Show empathy. Even if you should be angry: Put yourself in the position of the evaluating person so that you can understand the evaluation from their point of view. Has a mistake actually happened to you, your team or a service provider that could justify a negative rating?
- Remember that every customer review has its value. Your customer was asked to rate their order and has taken the time to give feedback. You should appreciate this - even if the evaluation does not meet your expectations.
Tip 2: how to write a compelling reply comment
Now that you've taken these tips to heart and hopefully the first annoyance is gone, you can actively work to turn the negative review into something positive. Use the critical evaluation to show yourself and your customer service from the positive side. This approach is worthwhile for two reasons. On the one hand, you may be able to convince the disappointed person with your reaction so that they will order something from you again in the future. On the other hand, other customers can see how you deal with the criticism. You will experience your factual and customer-friendly manner up close. In this way, they get the feeling that they are in good hands with you - even if there should be a problem with an order.
But how do you write such a comment? In the following list, we explain which four components a suitable reply comment contains and how it can be structured.
|Address, thanks and appreciation||Even if you are annoyed about the rating, the first thing to do is to say thank you for the rating. The customer responded to your review request and took his or her time. By appreciating this, you are presenting yourself professionally and empathically. With readers of the negative rating you create a positive entry.|
|sorry||Regardless of whether you actually made a mistake, your shipping service provider is to blame, or whether it was just an unfortunate circumstance that triggered it: the fact is that the buyer's expectations have not been met in this case. By apologizing, i.e. dealing openly with criticism, you prove that you are customer-oriented.|
Response to criticism
|Address the allegation expressed in the assessment in a targeted manner and take a position. By doing this, you allow readers to form their own opinion about what happened.|
|Conclusion||Offer the customer a solution or a reparation, or make it clear that you deserve a second chance. Stay positive!|
To make it clear what an appropriate response comment could look like, we would like to provide you with two fictitious positive examples that you can use as a starting point for your own reactions.
"Dear customer, thank you for your honest opinion! We are very sorry that the package did not arrive on time. Rest assured that this is an isolated incident. In order to avoid such isolated cases, we processed your order immediately. Unfortunately, there was a delay in shipping, which is very annoying. We hope that you will still enjoy the article and look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, your Onlineshop.de "
“Dear customer, thank you very much for your feedback! We are very sorry that you did not receive a free gift. Unfortunately you did not select this when ordering. We would be happy to send you such a gift with your next order. Simply select your desired gift with a click and it will be included in the package. See you soon, your Onlineshop.de "
In addition to these positive approaches, there are also a few things that you should absolutely avoid when dealing with customers who express criticism.
- irony: "Thank you for this great rating!"
- Disparaging remarks: "That's a statement like in kindergarten.", "You probably can't read properly."
- Threat of further consequences: "We will report your review.", "We will take legal action against this review."
- Deny everything: "Why do you think that? That's not true from start to finish. "," The customer is lying. "," This is where the parcel service provider is rated and not us. "
- Attacking customers publicly: "This customer was very unfriendly and insulted our employees.", "We ended our business relationship with this customer."
- Make your customers' personal data public.
With such arguments, you not only lose any chance of winning back disappointed customers in the future. You also leave a bad impression with potential new customers who use the reviews to find out more about your shop. Who wants to buy from someone who reacts so irritably when something goes wrong?
Tip 3: how do I report a review?
Please note, however, that reviews that you have reported cannot always be removed. In some cases, freedom of expression also protects criticism that is worded more sharply, even if you consider it to be unjustified or unfair. In this article, we will explain the requirements for deleting a review in detail.
Tip 4: Reply to positive reviews too
So far, we've only dealt with negative reviews in this article. This is also justified - after all, from your perspective, these are particularly annoying and should never be left uncommented in the room. However, you should not forget to also pay attention to your satisfied customers. They also took the time to write a review and share the experience they had with your shop. Reward this commitment by responding to these reviews too.
This does not mean that you have to answer every positive evaluation - which often only consists of short messages such as “Everything is great” or “Keep it up”. Instead, pick out individual reviews that show a lot of effort and passion. With an individual response to such reviews, you show that you appreciate your customers. This not only enables you to deepen the relationship with the person making the assessment, but also to improve your impression on potential new customers.
When formulating the reply comment, you can use the following table as a guide:
|Address, thanks and appreciation||First of all, thank you for the evaluation and show appreciation for the effort your customer made by addressing them individually.|
|Response to praised services or products||Go back to the services and products mentioned and show that you are happy with the praise.|
|Conclusion||Say goodbye and show that you are already looking forward to your next order.|
When formulating your response comment, make sure that you do not use any text modules and that you address your customer individually. This is the only way to show real appreciation.
- What are the pulley tension issues
- How does dropshipping make money
- Where permutations and combinations are used
- What is the degree after b com
- Why should I never visit Ireland
- Is Rainie a good English name
- Why Magento is ideal for e-commerce
- Feelings are mutual when we miss someone
- Where do hot dogs come from
- What is a drop shipping order
- Helps writing great tech blogs professionally
- Which is better CPC or CPM
- How do I get my call log
- What are internal combustion engines 1
- Should chase the US Navy on diesel submarines
- Why is capitalism good for the poor
- Frogs eat koi fish
- Spoiled kids become spoiled adults
- What are older operating systems
- How does a parachute work 1
- What's the hardest part about learning
- Why is there Eurocentrism
- What screams i'm super rich
- Are British male teenagers into American girls