What types of trades does Citadel do
Robinhood, the greedy US broker
The Massachusetts state securities regulator accuses Robinhood of making trading in stocks and more complex securities playfully easy and thereby violating the duty of care towards its customers.
This strategy is called gamification in technical jargon. Services are set up like a video game, the customers are rewarded for every progress, so that they continue on the prepared journey to ever higher sales for the providers.
Robinhood, for example, greets its customers with a virtual confetti shower the first time a trade is concluded. Everything is so beautifully simple and colorful here - but that's exactly the problem.
It is becoming more and more common to hear from beginners in the securities business who have speculated heavily on Robinhood. There was even a suicide because an inexperienced 20-year-old trader mistakenly believed that he had amassed hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt with his complex deals.
Young, often inexperienced customers who, bored, gamble at home with securities in Corona times - trading à la Robinhood actually has a touch of gambling. Of course, everyone has the right to ruin themselves as they see fit. But maybe brokers like Robinhood actually need an instruction leaflet or a warning label like on cigarette packets.
Because long-term damage to the securities culture threatens: Anyone who has fallen on the nose with stocks or more complex deals threatens to permanently lose the desire to save securities. Anyone who still remembers the New Market in Germany in the late 1990s knows the sad story.
More:Low savings rates, low prices: How investment gruff should become equity investors.
- May affect anorexia nervosa men
- Are mathematicians smarter than engineers and physicists
- Which country are you in right now?
- Does fraud occur in the JEE exams
- How do I run a gaming blog
- What do people use Alibaba for?
- Some men like overweight women
- What was your first Quora profile picture
- Why didn't you leave Australia
- What is the best luxury hotel
- Can I play Steam games offline?
- What is life for a teenager
- Can a border wall increase internal security?
- What moves faster light or sound
- What do Indonesians like about the Philippines
- Why is Apple more expensive than Samsung
- Do you need promotional items
- Is weeds good or bad
- Why is valve lifters important
- What's in the center of Neptune
- What is that sproede metal
- What do people think about xenophobia?
- Is PU leather a vegan leather?
- Who gets everything in life
- Why do beagles bark so much
- What is China doing with the Uyghurs
- What careers do the most passionate people have
- What can I sell online for 50
- How do you melt a few cents
- How can I buy a cake online
- What is China ACCA WeChat Number
- How much money do doctors make each month
- How do celebrities influence fans?