What percentage of companies do online marketing?
SMEs barely visible - 95 percent of the websites need optimization
Who hasn't wondered about the bad website of their dentist or a craftsman - or that they don't own one at all. Many self-employed and smaller companies leave the field to their competitors because they are either not found online or because potential customers leave their website annoyed. Today it is easier than ever to create and optimize a good online presence.
Together with the Search & Information Industry Association (SIINDA), Das Örtliche examined 190,000 German websites and identified important factors with which small and medium-sized companies can increase their visibility. And that is urgently advised to many, because the results of the study from 2018 are sobering: 95 percent of the websites need optimization. Almost 60 percent of the websites even have glaring defects.
The problems are technical, but also in terms of content. For example, legibility on different end devices is a basic that many have not yet implemented. Once this hurdle has been overcome, users want to be able to quickly see what is being offered and whether the service or product is right for them. Instead, it is not uncommon for people to take guesswork, and potential customers find it difficult to find out specific information. But very few are so patient.
Gain fast loading times and clear content
In addition to appealing and uncomplicated content, the fast loading time of a website is central. It is many times more important than the design of a page. Who has not stopped annoyed when an animation is waiting for a few seconds before you are redirected to the actual content. 20 percent of users click away if the page has not opened within three seconds. The conversion rate decreases with every additional second. If the website is slow on the smartphone, this is also reflected in a poorer ranking on Google.
In addition to fast loading times, a good, clear structure is an important characteristic of successful websites. Sitemaps can be helpful, but are only found on less than half of the websites analyzed.
Out of date and not secured
There were also deficiencies in the topicality of the content. 42 percent of the websites were not updated within a whole year. Although many are trading, only five percent of small and medium-sized companies also offer an online shop.
Also expandable: only 43 percent of SME websites are secured with SSL encryption technology. Not only skeptical users react to this, search engines also treat these pages as subordinate.
And although search engines rank websites with videos higher, 92 percent of small and medium-sized companies have no moving images. And only a third use Google Analytics evaluation options for optimization.
WordPress is by far the most widely used software solution. Uncomplicated programs make it easier to update content quickly without having to rely on external help and have integrated search engine optimization.
For many people, social media is still a foreign word
The need for optimization is most common among tradespeople, but the health industry also makes a particularly large number of mistakes with its Internet presence. Restaurateurs, on the other hand, lead the field, they are also most frequently active in social media.
The vast majority, however, miss opportunities here and do not use social media. The analysts recommend combining social media activities and your own website. Small business owners do not depend on platforms and algorithms, but use the thrust of social media to spread special promotions and seasonal topics, for example.
Your own website as a figurehead and digital business card remains the central linchpin of successful online marketing. If you follow a few rules here, you can significantly increase your visibility and win new customers.
- Why is my Steam refund pending?
- Where do the refugees of the world come from?
- What could be nicer than having sex
- Why do you stop crying
- How to become an affiliate manager
- What is a methodist
- Is diaper wearing okay in your home?
- Is quantum gravity related to dark matter
- What is IKEA's Most Effective Marketing Strategy
- How can I get more stoic
- How do I solve this financial question
- Can I delete answers to my questions
- How to cook with crystallized ginger
- Is Captain America racist
- What do you mean by QED
- Is it smart to have firearms
- Healthcare in Malaysia is free
- Which diet works best for treating diabetes
- Should proponents of cannabis legalization be concerned
- Does incest really exist?
- How companies win customers
- How do the British say thank you
- How do you feel about the final
- Is Quora's insistence on real names wrong?
- How do dogs perceive cars
- Do diets really work in weight management
- Why are some people narcissistic
- Why is everything boring 1
- Is IQ the best measure of intelligence
- Do reptiles enjoy sex
- Why are food stamps seen as a public support?
- What is 120 2 18 11
- Could dark energy be created by matter