Why is Joomla great
The Joomla Project announces the release of the Joomla 4.0 Beta 2 version!
Joomla is already a great content management system - but we're sure we can do better with version 4.0.
Joomla 4 offers a brand new way to create, manage and deliver content for the web. It's a platform that is reliable, stable, secure, and comes with a wide variety of options for building any website you want. Joomla 4 is developed and maintained by a global community of volunteers.
Everyone is encouraged to download, install and test the package in order to improve the quality for the upcoming version 4.0 and to discover the new functions that will be introduced in this major version.
What's new in Joomla 4.0?
We are sincerely committed to making the next generation of Joomla the best Joomla ever. Joomla 4 will offer simplicity and a better user experience while being an even more robust system for developers.
A look at the list of key features and benefits of Joomla 4.0 is very promising:
- Install Joomla in no time: Simple, fast and user-friendly installation process
- Brand new user interfaces (Backend and Frontend): intuitive and logical, easy to understand and user-friendly
- Joomla puts people first: We want to ensure that the templates are freely accessible (level AA of WCAG 2.1)
- A completely redesigned media manager: With a clear and logical user interface and built-in image editing options
- A new workflow: Manage content in an advanced and customizable way
- Web services: Content is accessible to other websites or mobile applications.
- New security functions: e.g. new functions such as support for prepared SQL statements
- HTML mail templates: It has never been easier to send customized emails from your website!
- Improved and enhanced command line interface (CLI): For a smooth integration of the components
- A cleaner, more powerful code base: Code has been thoroughly cleaned up, all legacy Joomla 3.x features have been removed, and PHP namespaces have been introduced, allowing developers to deliver more robust and innovative applications than ever before.
- The power of the Joomla framework merged with the CMS.
- An improved event dispatching system
- And much more!
Try Joomla 4.0 Beta without migrating your own website? You can test it directly and free of charge at launch.joomla.org.
What is the difference between Beta 1 and Beta 2?
Joomla 4 Beta 2 contains more than 200 bug fixes of version Beta 1.
There are two points that we would like to draw the developers' attention to in this version:
- Fix to prevent the global time zone from changing after using the JDate class. # 29270
- B / C break in the Joomla Framework filter package to remove blacklist / whitelist terminology, consistent with much of the PHP ecosystem. More information "
The community is now invited to test this version and the developers are very grateful for any feedback. In addition, problems and errors should be reported in the Joomla CMS Issue Tracker.
This invitation is aimed in particular at all Joomla extension and template developers. Extensions contribute to one of the main features of Joomla, its flexibility. This version is the perfect time to start preparing extensions and templates for the stable version of Joomla 4.0.
For a complete list of known backward compatibility issues for version 4.0, see "Backward Compatibility: Possible Problems in Joomla 4" on the documentation page.
When is the stable version ready?
With the launch of this beta version, a period begins with a schedule that depends on feedback from developers and users. For this to work, help is essential. Time to help? Great! See below for more information on what to do.
When the stable version of Joomla 4 is released, Joomla 3.10 will also be released, which is intended as a bridge between the two major releases. It will primarily be a release that includes backports of API changes from the Joomla 4.0 development branch to make it easier for everyone to transition to the next major release.
The most up-to-date information on this schedule can be found on the Project Roadmap website.
Where can I find documentation about Joomla 4?
The project has started offering some tutorials to help get started with Joomla 4. More tutorials will be written to help understand the significant changes in Joomla 4. Some instructions, such as how to create a plugin or module for Joomla 4, namespace conventions, prepared statements, how to use the new web asset classes and much more, can already be found.
The project aims to encourage developers to help write the documentation about Joomla 4 on docs.joomla.org to assist and guide both users and other extension developers.
A JDocs page will help developers understand the existing documentation and the documentation that has yet to be written.
It is recommended to check the website https://docs.joomla.org/JDOC:Joomla_4_Tutorials_Project regularly, to update it and thus provide the missing content.
How can I help with the development of Joomla 4?
To ensure that version 4.0 and major functions are "ready for production", the project needs help testing versions and reporting bugs.
To make the lives of testers (and early adopters) easier, it is possible to upgrade from the beta version to the next beta, RC or stable version (it will be used when updating the deleted files and changing the SQL Changes remained strict).
As mentioned earlier, everyone is focused on Joomla 4 to get it out there asap. Therefore it is planned not to publish any further 3.x minor versions, except 3.10.
All feature suggestions should be geared towards version 4.1.
A huge thank you to all of our volunteers!
This beta version is the result of thousands of hours of work by dozens of volunteers.
A big thank you goes to everyone who contributed to beta version 4.0.
This article was translated and proofread by Stefan Wendhausen and Ulrich Damm. We invite all Joomlers to participate. Joomla only grows and develops thanks to a courageous team of volunteers. Become a translator - you speak English and another language? Then help Joomla talk to the world!
Original text in English
- Other planets have magnetic fields
- Which countries still use corporal punishment?
- Ashwagandha can be used on an empty stomach
- What kind of people make you happy
- Why is China called China
- How do I take care of new customers
- Smoking cigarettes affects intelligence
- Where can I sell dried fruits online
- Why do the wages stagnate
- How can I create a meaningful blog
- What does telesales mean
- What does a turtle eat
- Who are your 5 favorite Stratocaster players?
- Public transport should be made free of charge
- What is Malaysia
- People would buy scout seats
- Wuhan has a good airport
- What are some catchy slogans
- What is the meaning of greetings
- What is the future of microblogging
- MIT students are smarter than Harvard students
- The Koran is available in Sanskrit
- What are the different Christian Orthodox Churches
- What was there before the currency