What does excommunication mean in John Wick
What happens when someone becomes an excommunicado?
This is essentially excommunication or exile. From the wiki:
Excommunication is an institutional act of religious censure that serves to deprive, suspend or restrict membership in a religious community or to restrict certain rights within that community, in particular the reception of the sacraments. The term is often used historically to refer specifically to Catholic excommunications from the Catholic Church, but it is also used more broadly to refer to similar types of institutional religious exclusion and avoidance among other religious groups.
Of course, this is not limited to religions. Brotherhoods of many kinds take advantage of this. If you are excommunicated, you are no longer part of the group, cannot be supported by it, and no one should help you. Often times, trying to interact leads to harsher penalties.
Before the excommunication, Wick had a bounty that anyone greedy or foolish enough was to attempt could to attack him, if he wanted to. However, excommunication is not voluntary. Nobody else is allowed to speak to Wick without risking punishment themselves.
In all fairness, an organization of bombers at risk of being withdrawn would equate excommunication as a death sentence anyway.
- Is there an equation for every curve
- How do I get into the fitness industry
- For what reasons was Trump charged?
- Why is prayer different from meditation
- Has anyone got rich just by gambling
- What is the quality of Chinese weapons
- What is the voltage of CFL lamps
- We would wipe out the technological singularity
- Which German university accepts students with a low GPA?
- What is the cheapest 100 vegetarian diet plan
- What are some good streaming audio servers
- Surprisingly, which fruits have edible peel?
- Why is life so unfair
- Eat chinese gorilla
- Why is 1 kWh 3 6 MJ
- Knowledge brings luck
- What does god mean
- Where can I buy a good steak
- How do I advertise my fashion boutique
- What should you never question in life
- Is it healthy to run every day?
- What is the importance of employee branding
- Has modern feminism made women happier?
- What did you feel today
- Is the ban on quoras justified?
- Do prostitutes ever marry
- Where is R used
- Do you have limits to your parents?
- How can I learn Terraform
- How do you treat your company employee
- What's wrong with being a hedonist
- What is the Black American culture
- Why is diet soda so fat