Which vitamin is really not needed to supplement
nutrition Diet Supplements - Who Really Needs Them?
Healthier by taking preventive supplements?
The hope of many buyers of such products is different: They do not expect to compensate for a deficiency, but want to treat their bodies to an extra dose of health according to the motto "A lot helps a lot". Unilateral nutrition and other stress factors should be balanced and the body's defenses should be "upgraded". In addition, they hope that this will alleviate certain age-related complaints and "repair" damage to health that has already occurred.
Does the acid-base balance need help?
A constant pH value of the blood is very important for our organism. If this value deviates, there is a risk of hyperacidity, for example. But such "acidosis" only occurs in rare cases. It is a life-threatening condition that can arise, for example, in the context of chronic kidney disease or a derailed sugar condition. Normally, our body immediately buffers acid or base fluctuations, which can certainly occur in the context of our diet, through established metabolic mechanisms. As a rule, it is therefore not necessary to help the acid-base balance with supplements.
Osteoporosis Prevention With Calcium?
Can additional calcium ingested protect against osteoporosis and bone fractures? What has long been considered plausible is being viewed more and more critically by scientists. Here two major studies showed in the prestigious British Medical Journalthat the calcium legend has nothing to do with it. The use of appropriate agents does not provide any significant protection against osteoporosis and does not protect against subsequent bone fractures.
What helps with joint problems?
Preparations with the active ingredients glucosamine or chondroitin should help against problems with the knee or hip. In the past it was even advertised that such agents could "rebuild" worn cartilage tissue. Such statements are no longer allowed today. Glucosamine is mostly obtained from crustaceans; slaughterhouse waste or fish cartilage is used to produce chondroitin. This can be a problem for allergy sufferers. The scientific evidence for the benefits of chondroitin or glucosamine is rather thin.
Who are dietary supplements recommended to?
However, there are situations in life in which the administration of food supplements is actually medically necessary. For example, pregnant women are recommended to take additional folic acid, as this is very important for the healthy development of the embryo and often not enough of it can be obtained from food. If you want to eat a vegan diet, you should ensure that you have an adequate supply of vitamin B12.
Conclusion: do you need nutritional supplements?
This question can almost always be answered in the negative. If you eat a reasonably balanced diet, you are supplying your body with all the nutrients and trace elements it needs. The additional intake of supplements is usually unnecessary and can even lead to health problems over a longer period of time.
The situation is different with certain diets, in connection with some diseases and in general with malnutrition. Then certain food components may need to be supplemented. In order to determine whether there is a possible deficiency in vitamins and minerals, a doctor or nutritionist is the first point of contact.
- What is a gig economy business
- What are the 5 best Schengen countries
- Which topics are excluded from the QPP
- What was the first church in history
- What are the best international accounting certifications
- Are ellipses good
- Where can I get a blowjob
- Is distilled water better than spring water
- Australia is considered part of the United Kingdom
- What does relationship marketing do
- What is Quora Etiquette Regarding Answering Editing
- Mental and physical problems have always existed
- Local SEO is more important than SEO
- What is the function of Google Chromecast
- How much is a billion dollars
- Bartenders make good money
- What is your best hobby
- What can stop a bullet with a caliber of 50?
- Is Clayton Missouri dangerous?
- What does a centaur symbolize
- Are flights cheaper on Christmas Day
- How do I remove pesticides from products
- What am I answering this interview question
- Why do people still eat KFCs