Where can I save large neodymium magnets

Precautions when handling large magnets

Be especially careful when choosing large magnets!

Handling large magnets can potentially be extremely dangerous because the adsorbing force is very strong. If you handle them carelessly without knowledge of safety measures, this can lead to accidents and irreversible consequences. We are not responsible for any accidents or losses incurred while handling magnets.

We reserve the right to refuse to sell large magnets.

Since the safety of our customers is extremely important to us, we could refuse to sell magnets over 1.5 kg. If you are considering purchasing a large magnet, please contact us for advice before choosing a suitable magnet. The bones of a finger, hand, or arm can be shattered by a magnet, causing necrosis and requiring amputation because the magnet cannot be easily pulled away. Make sure that you are handling large magnets with some other person who is experienced in handling such magnets, and take appropriate safety precautions.

Example of an accident that occurred while handling a large magnet

When handling large neodymium magnets that were 75 mm x 70 mm and 100 mm x 50 mm x 50 mm in size, his left index finger was mistakenly located between the magnets. His fingertip was shattered. He was operated on for 90 minutes, but luckily only the fingertip (the first limb) was amputated. You can see the magnet he was working with in the picture below. The adsorption force when both magnets meet is approximately 362 kgf (3553 Newtons). This means that a force of more than 362 kg must be applied to pull the magnets apart.

Adsorbing force188 kgf173 kgf362 kgf
Body mass2.31 kg1.87 kg4.19 kg
Magnetic flux density526 mT475 mT-

A finger, hand, or limb is caught between a large magnet and cannot be pulled out

In the event of an accident, try to avoid further damage by taking appropriate precautions and remaining calm. If you cannot remove the magnet yourself, call 911 immediately and seek help. Instruct the assistants or an individual to remove the magnet with a tool that is non-magnetic and will not stick to the magnet. The use of magnetic tools, e.g. Such as bars, hydraulic jacks, iron plates or iron tools could make the situation worse and make it difficult to save your finger, hand or limb as these tools would be attracted to the magnet.

Safety measures for handling large magnets

If skin is caught between magnets, internal bleeding occurs and the skin is torn off. If necessary, wear safety gloves or work gloves made of cotton, as this can prevent serious injuries. By using non-magnetic tools or wood, disasters can be prevented. If possible, use tools made of non-magnetic material when handling magnets, e.g. B. Stainless steel that does not stick to a magnet. Aside from stainless steel, the safest non-magnetic tools are available where you can purchase explosion-proof tools. Explosion-proof tools are made of beryllium copper or beryllium bronze, both beryllium copper alloys (BeCu), are robust but not magnetic, and do not generate explosions. The illustration shows a bar made of non-magnetic beryllium copper. Since it does not stick to the magnet and is resilient, it can be used as a safety tool.