Are the beaches of Barcelona clean
This page contains pictures and information about the golden sandy beaches of Barcelona. Barcelona offers you 4.2 kilometers of golden sandy beaches just 10 minutes from the city center.
There are 4 main beach areas. Below is an overview of all of them, sorted by distance from the city center.
1) Barceloneta Beach
Metro: Barceloneta (Yellow Line, L4). As soon as you exit the subway, turn right, cross the main streets and continue straight for about 10 minutes.
Barceloneta is the first of the Barcelona beaches and can therefore be quite busy during the summer months. The picture of the beach on Barceloneta above was taken on October 3rd and the sun was still shining! But it's not always like that. Some days can be cloudy or even rainy - it's just a faage of luck.
|Barceloneta beach bar|
|Life guard overlooking the beach|
There is a lot you can do on the beach besides swimming. Wind and kite surfing are popular. You can also enjoy a refreshing drink at one of the many beach bars.
If you want to rest a little, you can just lie on the sand and soak up the Spanish sun with a good book in hand.
|Sailing and swimming are popular activities at the beach|
|This leaning monument is called "Homenatge a la Barceloneta"|
|Enjoying the sun|
The fastest way to get to Barceloneta beach is the yellow metro line. Get off at the Barceloneta stop.
But you can also walk from the city center to Barceloneta. From the end of the Rambla it takes about 20 minutes.
If you choose to walk to the beach, you'll pass some great sights along the way. You see that "Colon monument", a monument dedicated to the great explorer Christopher Columbus. A little further on is the Port Vell de Barcelona, a picturesque harbor with a beautiful view of the sea and the marina.
|Beach restaurant - You can sit back have something to eat and a cold drink.|
If you want a little more space to relax during high season then you might want to consider going to one of the other beaches listed below.
Click here for a photo guide of Barceloneta - the busiest and most popular of Barcelona's beaches
|Barcelona beach fun|
2) Icària Beach
Metro: Ciutadella Vila Olimpica (Yellow Line, L4). From the subway, go right towards the twin towers. 10 minutes on foot from the subway. Click here for the Icària beach photo gallery
Accommodation near Barcelona's beaches
Beachfront hotel accommodation is costly because the prices are high for this prime location, and there are plenty of other businesses all of which are competing for space as well. However, you can choose different options:
1) Try to rent an apartment instead of booking a hotel room. You will find that the prices are lower than the hotel prices in the same area. You also have modern comfort like in your own apartment. Click here to read our guide to renting a vacation home.
2) A cheap hotel that is close to the beach but around 20 minutes by metro from Barcelona's city center is the Hotel Front Maritim. Read a website visitor's hotel review by clicking the link below:
Overview of the Hotel Front Maritim in Barcelona, near the beach
3) You can spend your stay at the Hotel Arts, one of the city's first-class 5-star hotels
Click here to read our review about the Hotel Arts in Barcelona, located on the seafront
4)Check out our page with an overview of the hotels near the beaches, with links to hotels near the beach in Barcelona
3) Mar Bella beach: (nudist beach)
|Views from Marbella Beach|
Metro: Poblenou (yellow line, L4). From Poblenou Metro Station, it is a 20-minute walk to Mar Bella Beach. Although it is unofficially a nudist beach, there are also many bathers in swimming trunks or bikini.
Take a city map with you to the beach as there are no signs from the subway to Mar Bella beach.
4) Beaches in Sitges
Sitges is outside of Barcelona. You have to take a train from Sants station - approx. 30 minutes travel time to get to the beach there.
Barcelona's beaches are all clean and well-maintained. The water is clear and it's fun to just take a swim.
- How do I say Camisa in English
- What is Singapore's native language policy
- How are volcanoes distributed?
- How far is Fresno from Bakersfield
- Western society is obsessed with female breasts
- How much does an anorexic person eat
- How many centimeters are in 50 meters
- Why is capitalism good for the poor
- Why is Japan's birth rate so low
- What is the best English school
- What was the first church in history
- How do you increase customer loyalty
- Will GMOs be banned in the future
- How can I get information about philosophy
- How to quickly calculate 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10
- Can be replaced by money
- What causes mental neurological disorders
- Loyalty is a good trait
- What does tangent at a point mean?
- Would gold make effective bullets
- Is it possible to build a tunnel inside a black hole?
- Are Indians black or yellow
- How many people like Christmas presents
- What is the integral of ln x