PayPal and international micropayments
These fees are due when using PayPal
The simple and fast online payment system PayPal is also very popular in Germany.
No PayPal fees for online shopping for the buyer
A frequent question that reaches us: Are there any fees when using PayPal or is PayPal free? The question can be answered very easily: If you pay for goods via PayPal when shopping online, you as a consumer do not incur any fees. However, there are dealers and sellers who pass their costs for PayPal (see below) on to the customers.
When sending money to PayPal friends, fees may apply
Extra costs may only be incurred when sending money to family members, friends or acquaintances. If you use a credit card for this, send the money abroad or the money is sent in a currency other than your own. So you can save money if you send the money with your PayPal balance or with your bank account as a source of payment.
If you send the money in euros via your PayPal balance or bank account, this is free of charge. If a credit card is used, a fee of 1.9 percent of the amount sent plus EUR 0.35 per transaction is incurred.
The fees for sending money in other currencies within and outside the EU depend on which payment source is used, to which country and in which currency the money is sent. If you use a credit card, PayPal will charge a fee made up of 1.9 percent of the total plus a fixed amount that depends on the currency. The exact information can be found on this PayPal page under Appendix 1: List of fees.
The general rule: The recipient of the money never pays any fees.
Paypal sellers have to pay these fees
In principle, fees must be paid by every seller who would like to offer his customers PayPal as a payment option for the goods and services offered by him. How high these fees are depends on various factors.
The fee for receiving payments is initially 2.49 percent of the amount received plus 0.35 euros per transaction. However, the sellers also have the option of registering as a dealer with PayPal and thus receiving the dealer conditions after a check by PayPal.
Monthly transaction volume
Fee per transaction
2,000.01 to 5,000 euros
5,000.01 to 25,000 euros
25,000.01 to 100,000 euros
> 100,000 euros
With a monthly transaction volume of 5,000 to 25,000 euros via the PayPal account, for example, a variable fee of 1.99 percent plus 0.35 euros per transaction will apply. With a monthly transaction volume of over 25,000 euros, the variable fee is reduced to 1.79 percent plus 0.35 euros per transaction. Further information can be found on this PayPal page under "Merchant Fees".
For micropayments, PayPal charges a fee of 10 percent plus 10 euro cents. For donations, the fee is 1.5 percent plus 0.35 euros.
The following conditions apply to merchants who use PayPal Plus:
2.49 percent + 0.35 euros: with a transaction volume of less than 5,000 euros
2.09 percent + 0.35 euros: for a transaction volume between 5,001 and 25,000 euros
1.79 percent + 0.35 euros: for a transaction volume of over 25,000 euros (PC world)
- Why is Madagascar so poor
- What are some of the best business ideas online
- How does a confusion matrix work
- Which crypto currency are you most interested in?
- What's your favorite puzzle
- How would you rename the moon
- How do I find my Quora profile
- Why do people play all their money
- What are the dangers of Hashimoto's disease
- What is a well-trained mind
- Has replaced C C ++
- How could I get any less clever and intelligent?
- What is 3 1 2 2 2
- How could the Quora bookmark be improved?
- How can I treat mud
- How much does the Amazon dropshipping business cost
- Quantum mechanics undermines hard determinism
- Is journalism dead
- How durable are wooden patio furniture
- How do singers get famous?
- Is it Safe to Take Expired Pills?
- What are Frequently Asked Questions about Citrix Admin Interviews
- When and how was the symbol created
- Why is asbestos so dangerous