Which city has the best downtown
Most beautiful cities in Germany: Top 14 cities worth seeing in our country (2021)
Do you have a few days off and want to use them for a vacation in Germany?
How about a short break in one of the most beautiful cities in Germany?
In addition to the well-known cities of Berlin, Hamburg and Munich, there are also the smaller cities that are worth a visit.
The most beautiful cities in Germany include the old Hanseatic city Lübeck in the far north or the beer city Bamberg, which enchants with its beautiful old town.
But alsoGorlitz in the very east of the republic is worth a visit, which repeatedly serves as a backdrop for Hollywood films.
We have put together a list of the most beautiful cities in Germany for you.
Great offer of the week!
3 days short vacation: 21 cities - 6 countries - 35 hotels - Only € 34.50
Most people know the Bavarian capital mainly because of the world-famous Oktoberfest.
The metropolis has a lot to offer in the rest of the year.
The English Garden, the Munich Frauenkirche and the unmistakable lifestyle of Munich residents ensure that the city is one of the most beautiful cities in Germany.
Thanks to its location, Munich is also a great destination for winter sports enthusiasts.
- A stroll through the English Garden
- A visit to the Munich Hofbräuhaus
- A trip to the BMW Welt
More information: Sights of Munich
>> You can find cheap hotels in Munich here <<
The small town in Lower Saxony should not be missing in the list of the most beautiful cities in Germany.
It enchants its visitors with a great old town, the Lüne monastery and many imposing churches.
You can feel the venerable history of the city at every corner of the Hanseatic city.
Thanks to the trade in salt, Lüneburg became a rich city with a strong bourgeoisie in the Middle Ages and was one of the first members of the Hanseatic League.
- Walk through the historic city center
- A visit to the German Salt Museum
- A day trip to the adjacent Lüneburg Heath Nature Park and the Heide Park Resort
>> You can find cheap hotels in Lüneburg here <<
Bamberg, with its buildings and history as a Franconian imperial and episcopal city, is clearly one of the most beautiful historical cities in Germany.
The old town center is considered to be the largest intact historical city center.
Tip:Find out why the Neue Residenz is worth visiting. To the most beautiful castles in Bavaria >>
The people of Bamberg are particularly proud of their beer and brewery culture.
Eleven breweries are still active in the city today.
This is served in rustic pubs.
The historic town hall is also impressive.
It stands on an artificial island in the middle of the Regnitz River.
- The Bamberg Cathedral with the Bamberg rider
- A visit to the oldest natural history museum in Germany
- New residence and rose garden
More info: Sights of Munich
>> You can find cheap hotels in Bamberg here <<
The state capital of Thuringia is also a beautiful German city.
Erfurt combines a long history as a rich trading city with impressive nature.
By the way, the Federal Garden Show will take place here in 2021.
Until then, the city, which is well worth seeing, is definitely worth a visit.
The old town impresses with its small, winding streets and romantic flair.
A visit to the city's zoo park is worthwhile for families.
The Augustinian monastery is also worth seeing.
The reformer Martin Luther lived and worked here.
- A walk along the Krämerbrücke
- An exploration tour of the many churches in Erfurt
- Visit the 900 year old synagogue
More information: Sights of Erfurt
>> You can find cheap hotels in Erfurt here <<
The venerable university town of Marburg should not be missing on the list of the most beautiful cities in Germany.
The city in Hesse nestles on both banks of the Lahn in the neighboring Gladenbacher Bergland and the Lahnberge.
When you are out and about in this beautiful city, you have to be prepared for many levels.
But again and again you will find the perfect view over the picturesque landscape.
The city lies below the impressive Landgrave Castle, which is one of the city's main attractions today.
You also have a beautiful view of the castle from the roof terrace of the AquaMar Marburg.
The leisure pool is one of the best adventure pools in Hessen.
- A city tour through the old town of Marburg
- A visit to the old university
- Enjoy the view from the mirror lust tower over the city
>> You can find cheap hotels in Marburg here <<
Three million tourists flock to one of the most beautiful cities in Germany every year:
Heidelberg in Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Located on the Neckar, with its picturesque old town, impressive castle ruins and Germany's oldest university, it is one of the most extraordinary cities in Germany.
The former residential city offers you not only a wonderful old town, but also a beautiful nature in the immediate vicinity.
There you can enjoy a great panorama of Heidelberg, walking over the Alte Brücke and reaching the Philosophenweg.
- Hike through the Königsstuhl
- Visit to the market square
- Visit to the student dungeon
More information: Sights of Heidelberg
>> You can find cheap hotels in Heidelberg here <<
Of course, the “pearl” Hamburg should not be missing from the list of the most beautiful cities in Germany.
In addition to the well-known sights, such as the impressive harbor or the unique Reeperbahn, there are many other attractions.
These include the historic Speicherstadt or an extensive day of shopping in the city center.
If you love musicals, you will find the right place in this city.
In recent years the Hanseatic city has been able to develop an international reputation as a musical city.
As a nature lover, you will also feel at home in Hamburg.
For example, it is worth visiting Hagenbeck's zoo or the Planten un Blomen park.
- A visit to the Speicherstadt and the miniature wonderland
- By bike through the Alstertal
- A trip to the Blankenese district
More info: Sights of Hamburg
>> You can find cheap hotels in Hamburg here <<
The old Hanseatic city of Stralsund is also called "The gateway to the island of Rügen".
Two bridges connect it to the Baltic island.
The old town of Stralsund is an impressive testimony to the city's history and its importance in the Hanseatic League.
The architectural style, such as the town hall or the Nikolaikirche, is attributed to the brick Gothic, a special type of construction in northern Germany.
Thanks to its location by the sea, the beautiful German city is also a great destination for a city break in summer.
You have the choice between an impressive city with many churches and historical buildings or the water and a day trip into the surrounding area.
- A visit to the German Maritime Museum in Stralsund
- A tour of the old market
- Visit of the last preserved city gates Kütertor and Kniepertor
>> You can find cheap hotels in Stralsund here <<
The trade fair city in Saxony impresses with its eventful history and is one of the most beautiful cities in Germany.
Leipzig city center impresses with its beautiful buildings, such as the old and new town hall and its many passages, which were built at the beginning of the 20th century.
Tip: Discover moreLeipzig insider tips
The Monument to the Battle of the Nations in Leipzig is also worth seeing.
It commemorates the great battle that heralded the fall of Napoleon Bonaparte.
You can also explore the city by water. A canoe trip across the canals in the west of Leipzig is worthwhile.
- Visit to the Leipzig Grassi Museum
- Pub crawl on Karl-Liebknecht-Straße
- One day in the Leipziger Neuseenland
More information: Sights of Leipzig
>> You can find cheap hotels in Leipzig here <<
Who does not know them - the Bremen Town Musicians.
But not only these make Bremen a popular travel destination and a German city that is well worth seeing.
Winding alleys and small houses in the Schnoor, Bremen's oldest district, take you back to the Middle Ages.
The impressive market square with the Bremen town hall are also witnesses of the city's long history.
Right next to it you will also find the four most famous Bremen residents:
the town musicians.
Immortalized in a bronze statue.
- Stroll through the Böttcherstrasse
- Visit the Bremen Roland in front of the town hall
- Make a detour to the Bremen district
More information: Sights of Bremen
>> You can find cheap hotels in Bremen here <<
You have guaranteed good weather on your trip to this beautiful city in Germany.
With the most hours of sunshine in Germany, Freiburg im Breisgau is one of the republic's vitamin D filling stations.
The symbol of the city is the Freiburg Minster with its 116 meter high tower.
It is said to be the most beautiful tower in the world.
The impressive building is embedded in the Münsterplatz.
Here locals and tourists cavort on the market on weekdays.
When you travel to this beautiful city, be careful not to accidentally step into the "Bächle":
According to legend, the visitors who enter there later marry a native of Freiburg.
A network of small watercourses runs through the city for a total of 15 kilometers.
- Old and New Town Hall
- A ride on Germany's longest circulating cable car on the Schauinsland mountain
- A day trip to the Europapark Rust
More information: Sights of Freiburg
>> You can find cheap hotels in Freiburg here <<
A real insider tip among the most beautiful cities in Germany is Görlitz.
The easternmost city in Germany was almost completely spared from destruction during the Second World War and today it has one of the most beautiful old towns.
Whether late Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque or Wilhelminian style - every era is represented in the cityscape.
This not only makes Görlitz a varied travel destination, but also a popular location for large film productions.
The old town has already acted as a backdrop for “Inglourious Basterds”, “The Monuments Men” or “The young Marx”.
- A long walk through the historic old town
- A short detour to Poland
- Take an organ tour in the St. Peter and Paul town church
>> You can find cheap hotels in Görlitz here <<
The city in Rhineland-Palatinate is one of the most beautiful historical cities in Germany.
The highlight in this city on the Rhine is of course the Speyer Cathedral.
It is considered the largest surviving Romanesque church and shapes the cityscape like no other building.
The inner city of Speyer is characterized by many small cobblestone streets and winding alleys.
On the main shopping street in the city center you will find other historical buildings, such as the town hall or the old gate, one of the main medieval gates of the city.
- A visit to the Technikmuseum Speyer
- A tower ascent of the cathedral
- A day trip to the Hockenheimring
>> You can find cheap hotels in Speyer here <<
The capital should of course not be missing on the list of the most beautiful cities in Germany.
With over three million inhabitants, the city is the largest city in the country and accordingly has a lot to offer.
Potsdamer Platz, Brandenburg Gate and the German Bundestag are among the most famous sights in the city.
Also worth a visit are the Nikolaiviertel, the Gendarmenmarkt and the Museum Island.
But other historical sites that clearly tell the history of Germany are absolutely impressive.
These include, for example, Checkpoint Charlie or the East Side Gallery on the remains of the Berlin Wall.
- A visit to the GDR Museum
- A boat tour over the Spree
- A walk through the Hackesche Höfe
More information: Sights of Berlin
>> You can find cheap hotels in Berlin here <<
I have been writing for voucherwonderland's travel magazine since August 2016. In my posts I like to take you to the most beautiful places in Europe - some of them you may not have heard of before;)
- Can magnetic forces repel gravity?
- Why am I beating myself up?
- What project ideas for industrial engineering
- How do you find Quora privately
- How good are simple K12 classes
- Will overtake Python R ind data mining
- What is the fascination with Dark Souls Speedruns
- What is the philosophy of Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Anything surprises you more
- How did Snape become a Death Eater
- Why should ObamaCare be saved
- Is it good to have sex?
- Why does Quora not respect President Donald Trump
- How do we solve poverty in the world
- How does the mass increase with speed
- Why shouldn't gambling make someone rich?
- Where can I save large neodymium magnets
- Italian girls like black men
- Where's John F. Kennedy's brain
- People weren't meant to sit
- Should we believe in our thoughts
- How do I get into the fitness industry
- How was your experience visiting Yangon
- How do I stop losing in life
- What does the emoticon 3 3
- How dangerous it is to be a parachute hunter
- Donald Trump is a Scottish Rite Freemason
- What do you get diabetes from
- Where can I have sex in public
- Who would win Brock Lesnar against Sheamus?
- The US economy is in trouble
- Justice is more important than truth
- Is the euro a fiat currency?