What is lipoma
Lipoma (adipose tissue growth)
Lipomas are benign, i.e. benign, slowly growing new formations in adipose tissue. They occur under the skin and are also known as benign tumors. In rare cases, however, the fat pads can also lie deeper and appear between the muscles. While most lipomas develop individually, there are often familial cases in which lipomas occur in groups.
The term benign tumor comes from the fact that the lipoma grows in size, but does not spread to other tissues and organs and damage them. The skin over the lipoma is also completely intact.
So far there is no reliable cause for the degeneration of the adipose tissue. It is assumed that there is a genetic change in the fat cells, the so-called adipocytes.
The lipomas usually grow slowly, sometimes over years, and are only perceived by those affected once they have reached a clearly palpable size. The size of the lipoma varies greatly and ranges from a few millimeters to a fist-sized fat lump that can be a good 20 centimeters in diameter. Since the consistency of the fat pads is soft and elastic, they often cause no pain at all. Symptoms only arise when the lipoma is unfavorably positioned, when it rubs against clothing, when it comes to pressure points when sitting, or when it borders on nerve tracts. In addition, the protrusions can be disturbing from a cosmetic point of view.
- How could Quora Spaces be improved?
- Why can't life exist without death
- Was Julius Caesar religioes
- What is the echo function in Python
- What's the best cold email you've received
- How many dialects in American English
- Is an IQ of 149 good
- Why do answers coincide
- Why are the Vietnamese so successful
- What is the process of process manufacturing
- How can I get rich quick
- What is the intrinsic worth of Ethereum
- What did you learn from the 2048 game
- Is Pokemon real
- Can RPG games ruin people's lives?
- What is the square root of 4546
- How can I earn 250 a day
- Should teenagers be allowed to use Quora
- Can poisoning give someone pancreatic cancer
- How can I communicate with rich women
- Can a background check reveal previous employers
- Are Malagasy people Asians or Africans
- What shouldn't be sold online
- Can men look beautiful