Will health insurance increase in 2020?
Health insurance: Additional contribution will increase to 1.1 percent in 2020
Published on October 14, 2019
- According to estimates by health experts, the average GKV additional contribution should increase to up to 1.2 percent in 2020.
- As the Ministry of Health has now announced, the additional contribution increases to 1.1 percent
- However, since the health insurance companies can determine their own contribution, Health Minister Spahn initially expects the health costs for the insured to remain pale.
Last updated: October 28, 2019
According to the assessment of the group of GKV appraisers, it was expected that the average additional premium would increase in 2020. While the Federal Ministry of Health and the Federal Insurance Office assumed an increase of 0.2 percent, the experts from statutory health insurance named an adjustment of 0.3 percent. Thus, the additional contribution in 2020 would be between 1.1 percent and 1.2 percent.
As it has now become known, the Ministry of Health is following its preliminary estimate. It currently announces that the additional contribution in 2020 will be 1.1 percent.
However, the statutory health insurance companies are not bound to follow this increase. You can determine the additional contribution yourself with a view to your financial situation. This year around 25 of the more than 100 health insurances have a contribution rate below the average additional contribution.
Due to the high reserves, Health Minister Spahn estimates that the “contributions to be paid for a large number of insured persons will remain the same or will decrease in 2020”, he informs the German Press Agency.
Tip: With the health insurance comparison calculator, interested parties can quickly find out which health insurance company has a particularly low premium.
GKV-Verband sees stormy times for statutory health insurance
Doris Pfeiffer, CEO of the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Funds, has a different assessment of the financial situation. “Instead of looking at the Withhold signs of a gloomy economy and demographic development, the legislature has launched one major reform after another, ”said Pfeiffer. The Appointment Service Act and the Nursing Staff Strengthening Act alone will cost the health insurers around five billion euros in the coming year.
A current study on behalf of the Bertelsmann Foundation also warns of the financial collapse of the statutory health insurance. If politicians do not set the right course, the coffers risk missing around 50 billion euros by 2040.
Additional contribution 2020: Employers criticize Spahn's health policy
The increases in contributions to the statutory health insurance companies are also affecting employers. “What we are experiencing now is the first expensive receipt for the spending policy of this federal government in the past few years in the healthcare sector, ”said Steffen Kampeter from the Federal Association of German Employers' Associations (BDA) to the Handelsblatt. As of this year, employers have been contributing 50 percent of the additional contribution. An increase would therefore also affect them directly.
Just under a dozen health insurance companies could become cheaper in 2020
For 2020, the experts assume that around a dozen of the health insurance companies will adjust their contribution downwards. In the long term, however, no cash register is likely to become cheaper. "When income falls due to economic fluctuations, the health insurance companies will not be able to maintain their current contribution rates in the long term“, Jens Bass, head of the technicians, assesses the situation in relation to the Handelsblatt. Members of some AOKs as well as smaller company health insurance funds are among those insured who could benefit from a falling additional premium at least in 2020.
- What is the highest number in roulette
- How does the interview process with Byjus work
- How can I research a business contest
- What's the best in content marketing
- Have you ever purposely fired someone?
- What makes women scream during sex
- Is the market for whole foods cheap?
- How does smoking affect metabolism?
- Why do old people hate video games
- What's wrong with frozen foods
- What problem is Chromecast solving
- What are some sad indie games
- What did Hitler think of Albert Einstein?
- Which is better Blogspot or WordPress
- How did Indonesia become a Muslim nation
- Why does Donald Trump hate Greta Thunberg
- Can lupus be completely cured
- What is crowdsourcing in journalism
- How do I find a target market
- How is the interview from HPCL
- What can a fast traveling bullet do
- What are some common jobs in Australia
- We have prepared more than 99 percentiles for CAT
- Why do we need financial derivatives
- Can we ever travel through light
- If you exercise, you will live longer
- What are the basics of music production
- Should our education system change or not
- Which is better Base or Hubspot CRM
- Can a married woman marry another man?
- Intelligent people cry a lot
- What is the best diet for teenagers
- How much profit do grocery stores make