What is the best solution for back pain
What can you do yourself with acute back pain?
In most cases, acute back problems go away on their own within a few days. If you can hardly move in the first few hours because of the pain, give yourself the rest you need, but avoid prolonged bed rest, as this can make the pain even worse. Instead, try to move as best you can despite your discomfort and, if possible, keep up with your day-to-day activities.
Help yourself with warmth (for example hot water bottle, warm pack or full bath) as well as relaxing and circulation-promoting exercises. An over-the-counter pain reliever can relieve pain and make it easier for you to relax and stay active. However, do not take pain medication for more than two to three days.
To do this, lie flat on your back, preferably on a warm blanket, and put your legs up. The lower legs rest at right angles to the thighs on a shelf that should be as high as the thighs are long. A sofa, a low stool or a water tank with a cushion cover are suitable for this, for example.
Relaxation for the back - step positioning
As soon as the first severe pain has subsided and you are more flexible again, you should try a walk. While most people avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time when they have acute back problems, walking is perceived as relatively pleasant. It is good for the back as it loosens the muscles and moves the vertebral joints.
There are no "wrong" movements
When should you see a doctor?
If the symptoms persist for more than three days, you should consult a doctor to clarify the cause.
You should react particularly quickly to the following alarm signals:
- severe pain in the lower back and legs, associated with symptoms of paralysis in the abdomen and legs
- Loss of control of the bladder and bowel
- Numbness of the inner thighs
These symptoms occur in the so-called breeches syndrome, in which the herniated disc tissue presses on several nerve roots at the same time. This is a rare but dangerous emergency in which only immediate surgery can prevent permanent nerve damage.
- Why is type 2 diabetes incurable
- What happens when the Antarctic melts
- Will Indonesia win a war with China?
- What is life changing advice
- Which cities start with the letter X.
- Sells ClickBank physical products
- Can a Christian bet responsibly
- What is the most famous limerick
- Is it necessary to market your product
- Who is the fattest kid in the world
- How long does terminal dementia last
- What are the 4 dimensions of space
- How much can quadrillion dollars buy
- How does the video game industry work
- How many pills will kill you
- Will the US dollar outperform the euro?
- How do the British see the Chinese
- Why should you date a Gujju
- What is the greatest roulette winner ever
- What are some commonly mispronounced words 1
- How many types of events are there
- What are the worst websites ever
- What careers do the most passionate people have
- What have you tried to sell successfully