How do I repair my computer 1
Repair Windows 10 with native tools
If Windows 10 shows such massive errors that it is almost impossible to use, the causes are often not easy to find out. First, try to determine the last action you took before the problem occurred. It could have been a Windows or driver update, you installed new software or maybe changed something in the configuration. If the system status still allows it, you can manually undo the last changes via the control panel and "Programs and Features" as well as "Show installed updates".
However, Windows 10 has features to help you reset even if the system doesn't start anymore. If this does not eliminate the error, system files or parts of the configuration are probably damaged. A Windows reinstallation can usually be avoided by using the repair functions of Windows 10.
Before the Windows repair: system check and data backup
Before doing anything, check that the problem is not caused by defective hardware or malware. The easiest way to do this is to use a second operating system to boot your PC. It can be any Linux. However, we recommend a variant that specializes in Windows repairs, such as the PC-WELT emergency system.
If the emergency system has been running stably over a long period of time, the motherboard, processor and graphics card are usually OK. For a further detailed test, select “Test main memory (RAM)” in the boot menu. This starts the memory check Memtest86, which takes several hours for a complete run. If all tests were without abnormalities, the hardware is OK and you can continue with the Windows repair.
Discard changes: Use system restore in Windows 10
The "computer protection" in Windows 10 ensures a backup of system files and registry settings. The system automatically creates restore points once a week and just before major system events. A restore point is also usually created when installing new software and drivers.
Restoring is easiest when Windows is still running.
Step 1: Type "Recovery" into the search field on the left in the taskbar and click on "Recovery" in the search results. Click on “Open System Restore”. The last restore point is displayed under "Recommended restore".
Step 2: Click “Scan for Affected Programs”. System Restore will show you programs and drivers that you installed after the restore point was created. Make a note of the contents of the list so that you can set up these programs again later. However, this could include the software that caused the problem. Personal documents are retained in any case during the restore. Click on “Close”.
Step 3: Click on “Next”, then on “Finish” and confirm the process with “Yes”. Windows begins restoring and then restarts.
If that solves the problem, you have found the problem. Otherwise, repeat the process, but select the option “Select a different restore point” in step 1 and then an older restore point. Use “Search for affected programs” to check which software will be removed.
If Windows 10 no longer starts: You need a Windows installation medium, either on DVD or on a USB stick. If you don't already have one, use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create one, or use a USB recovery drive. You create it on Windows 10 by pressing Win-R, recoverydrive Type in and click "OK". Then follow the instructions in the wizard.
Boot the PC from the Windows installation medium. Click Next, then click Computer Repair Options. To continue, click on “Troubleshoot”, “Advanced Options” and “Restore System”. Select the target operating system and click “Next”. You will see a list of restore points where you click the topmost and newest. Follow the further instructions of the wizard.
- What is the best luxury hotel
- What are the additional dimensions of time
- An age difference is important
- How can a bowler improve his pace
- How much is a 1962 nickel worth
- Why do I not feel alive anymore?
- How can I improve my work ethic
- How do I do the prime factorization
- How do exchange rates affect companies?
- How do I learn social media
- Is time a result of gravity?
- What foods should I take with medication
- How are the federal budgets spent?
- How has America changed over time?
- How do I deal with bossy employees
- What is a training level
- What is the future of R.
- How does JEE Mains
- Why did Gauss publish so little
- What are the negative consequences of gossip
- Is C a learning value for beginners
- How do I clean my lungs
- What can and cannot eat rabbits?
- What tactics do chess masters use
- Which MBA schools are best in Maharashtra
- How can I use MailChimp for free
- Muslims are allowed to dance in Islam
- What are some cool equations in math
- Can play Blind Dungeons Dragons
- How can people be easily influenced
- What is the most Mexican at all
- How can you prove the twin paradox
- Singapore is a sovereign city-state