What is the importance of Mecca
.Books on Islamic topics can be found in the Eslamica Publishing House.
Mecca or "Mecca, the venerable" [makka al-mukarrama, مكة المكرّمة] is the holiest city in Islam, the holiness of which cannot even be understood by a non-Muslim. The Kaaba represents the "house of God" and is the center of the city and at the same time the direction of prayer [qibla] of all Muslims.
In Mecca there are numerous Mecca attractions for pilgrims.
The symbolic house of God, with the symbolic "hand of God", the black stone [hadjar-ul-aswat] represent the center of a vortex around which humanity revolves, also symbolized in the rite of revolving. The city is also called Umm al-Qura (Mother of Cities). Mecca is the birthplace of Islam. Prophet Muhammad (s), who was born in the place, had to leave it in order to recapture it. This symbolizes, among other things, that man has to leave his own ego, his own soul [nafs], has to give up his life voluntarily in order to get eternal life back. Mecca is the place where, according to the Muslim view, Adam (a.) And Eve (a.) Lived, Abraham (a.) Together with Ishmael (a.) Rebuilt the first place of worship and the Holy Qur'an was revealed.
Every devout Muslim prays towards Mecca five times a day. No non-Muslims are allowed in the city of Mecca, nor are Muslims, who are only allowed to enter the sacred area in a certain state of consecration [ihram]. Every Muslim strives to reach this place once in his life on a pilgrimage [hajj] in order to perform a number of rites there in consecration robes.
Other religious sights in the city include the Mountain of Light (Jabal Nur) with the Hira cave and the mountain with the Thaur cave.
Mecca’s convenient location at the crossroads of some caravan routes made the city an important trading center early on. Mecca was already a central sanctuary in the time of ignorance, but mostly for idol worshipers. But even in the time of ignorance there were already some monotheists in the city, such as Abdulmuttalib, Abdullah ibn Abd al-Muttalib, Abu Talib, Amina bint Wahab and Khadijah (a.), Mostly buried in Jannat-ul-Mualla.
Abraha al-Habaschi wanted to destroy the status as a pilgrimage site of Mecca by attacking with a herd of elephants; the attack failed. In that year Prophet Muhammad (s) was born.
The predominant clan of the city were the Quraish who after a long siege of the followers of the Prophet Muhammad (s.) In the valley of Abu Talib finally caused the emigration of the Prophet Muhammad (s.) And his subsequent return. However, the advancing troops had made it clear in Kudaid that not all were unconditional supporters of the Prophet Muhammad (s.). Mekkah's bloodless liberation on Ramadan 20, 8 a.d.H. (630 AD) with the destruction of idols in the Kaaba should be a symbol that any bloodshed in the city is absolutely forbidden!
Nevertheless, Mecca was besieged several times after the time of the Prophet Muhammad (s). The city was captured by the Egyptians in the 13th century. From 1517 Mecca was under the suzerainty of the Ottomans. The Grand Sharif Husain ibn Ali, who later became King of the Hijas, overthrew Ottoman rule over Mecca in 1916. In 1924, Abd al-Aziz ibn Saud, the then Sultan of Najd, occupied Mecca. This also led to the devastation of the most famous Muslim cemetery in the city of Jannat-ul-Mualla.
There was further bloodshed during the Kaaba occupation in 1979 and the Mecca massacre in 1987.
- Can I stop taking multivitamins right away?
- How did you improve your appearance
- Can WordPress host a podcast
- Sports cars are difficult to drive
- What percentage of students smoke
- What are key points
- Would you rather be sweet or beautiful
- Fast food is very common in America
- Why should you start blogging in 2020?
- What's in a pecan pie filling
- New Zealand police officers should be carrying guns
- How do I correct my eating habits
- Does the room have any shape?
- How many countries touch three oceans
- What happens to dead cells
- How was Berlin before World War II
- Chinese girls don't like muscular men
- What do you call your nephew's son
- What are your favorite machine learning models
- What does damn girl mean
- Is remote work illegal in another country
- What is the difference between advertising and advertising
- Why do people play all their money
- How to get rid of staying in Malaysia
- How can I stop wanting a friend?
- Where can I get prostitutes in Nepal?
- Electricians get rich easily
- Why do people like delicious food
- How does it work to be released from prison?
- Should Mark Zuckerberg be respected
- How have western countries developed?
- Where do illegal weapons come from?
- Why is Apple more expensive than Samsung
- Why should a girl say I'm ugly