What does Burma mean
Part of speech: noun, part of speech: toponym, (neuter)Other spellings:
- Bur | ma
- IPA: [ˈBʊʁmaː]
- 1) traditional name: a country in Southeast Asia
- English spelling of Burma (see there)
- 1) officially:Myanmar
- 1) Country, State
- 1) With many famous Buddhist statues and is Burma a fascinating country.
- 1) was 1948 Burma released into independence.
- Burmese, Burmese, Burmese
- Nominative: singular (the) Burma; Plural —
- Genitive: singular (of) Burma; Plural —
- Dative: singular (the) Burma; Plural —
- Accusative: singular (the) Burma; Plural —
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Bangladesh is seeing a growing influx of Rohingya from India. They want to be deported Burma get ahead.“
NZZ Online, January 19, 2019
„A million of the Muslim minority fled Burma to neighboring Bangladesh. Their fate becomes an election issue.“
DiePresse.com, December 18, 2018
„They would have 'harmed the interests of the state' ruled a court in Burma about two Reuters journalists. The two had reported on the Rohingya.“
Today.at, September 03, 2018
„Merano-based photographer Paola Marcello is curious about paintings under the skin: She has women in Asia Burma and South Tyrol photographed - a comparison.“
Südtirol Online, September 20, 2018
„Police are looking for a man who is suspected of being 65 Rohingya with a boat from Burma wanting to bring to Malaysia. Your fishing boat had on 11.“
Beautiful Thailand, June 24, 2019
„The gate to the new elephant house in Augsburg Zoo has been opened. The zookeepers have an unusual lure for Burma and Targa in your pocket.“
Augsburger Allgemeine, April 6, 2020
„The UN court in The Hague has Burma obliged to take protective measures against the Muslim minority.“
Bernerzeitung.ch, January 23, 2020
„The Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh have become permanent. The international community of states adheres to the 'right of return'. But Burma doesn't want to know anything about it.“
NZZ, August 28, 2020
„Manege instead of a safari park! Bara and Burma retired in March. Circus Krone is now bringing the seniors back.“
Today.at, December 12, 2019
„On his world tour, our author stops in Myanmar. Or should you prefer Burma or Burma say? Linguistically, the Southeast Asian country has some pitfalls in store for foreigners. And that's not the only thing confusing.“
Welt.de, March 31, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Burma: traditional name: a country in Southeast Asia
- Myanmar: Country in Southeast Asia (rear India)
- Republic of the Union of Myanmar: officially: State in Southeast Asia
Another word (synonym) for Burma - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "Burma":
Burma:… Singular (dem) Burma; Plural - accusative: singular (das) Birma; Plural - minor forms: Burma Hyphenation: Bir | ma Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: ...
Myanmar: ... written name Myanmā for the people of the Bamar (from which the English name Burma goes back); the ending -ar is a notation based on Oxford-English for ...
Burmese: ... Word meaning / definition: 1) Sino-Tibetan language, the official language in Myanmar (also: Burma) is abbreviation: 1) ISO 639-1: my, ISO 639-2 / 3: mya Synonyms: 1) Burmese ...
Burma: Burmas (German) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Burma
Burmese:… IPA: [bʊʁˈmeːzɪʃ] Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Concerning the Asian state of Burma (Myanmar), belonging to it synonyms: 1) Burmese, official: ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Burma" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (19.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Burma/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a note to the entry "Burma". You can add usage examples or hints to the use of the term "Burma". Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Burma (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bur | mas Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈbʊʁmaːs]…
Burmese (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular 1 (das) Burmese; Singular 2 the Burmese; ...
Burmese (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bur | me | si | sche Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Burmese (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Bur | me | si |schen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Burmese (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bur | me | sischs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [bʊʁˈmeːzɪʃs]…
Burnout (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the burn-out; Most burn-outs genitive: ...
Burnouts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Other spellings: Burnouts Hyphenation: Burn- | outs…
burnout (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular, burnout; Plural burnouts genitive: ...
- Is Turkish food really spicy
- Can you make money with Helo
- Why do we need to know statistics
- Python or SQL, whichever is better
- Why are television news presenters called anchors
- Why choose Opera over Chrome?
- Who should never own a gun
- How is life in Alberta Canada
- Eating less helps relieve constipation
- What happens after a therapist reports abuse
- Why should God create another God Jesus
- What makes food healthy 1
- What is steam cleaning
- What are the best educational applications websites
- Is the Fermi paradox discredited
- What 5 purposes does music serve?
- The Vikings were as big as we imagine
- What is an AC filter
- Why does light bend due to gravity
- Which tricky questions are asked in interviews?
- How do I make money doing surveys
- How do you control your emotions
- What is TikTok
- Is nationalism important in the US