Why is Kenya poor
KenyaA Cage For Europeans
Utz Dräger experiences friendliness and beautiful nature in Kenya. The price for this: He has to live in a guarded residential complex, sees a country full of contrasts - and cannot practice his profession as a journalist completely freely.
DRadio knowledge author Utz Dräger has lived in Nairobi, Kenya for one and a half years. With his European salary, he belongs to the upper class there. He lives in a so-called gated community, a specially secured housing estate. He can afford it with his salary, in Europe he probably couldn't finance such a residential complex. But then it wouldn't be necessary either. Safety is a big issue in Nairobi.
Kenya is a land of contrasts. Poor people who live in slums and 800,000 people share 50 public toilets. They are so expensive that many cannot afford to use them. They then use plastic bags as a toilet.
"I toss the full plastic bag over to my neighbor. Of course, he does the same and throws his bags in front of my door."
Resident of a slum in Nairobi, Kenya
If Utz needs help, he doesn't call the police. He has no confidence in the government. His residential complex is guarded by a private security company that can be alarmed with a panic button in the apartment. Utz was stopped once by the police. He had someone with him who knows how things go in Kenya. The police wanted the equivalent of 80 euros, allegedly because of driving too fast. At the end of the negotiations, the car occupants paid ten.
Utz also got to know the beautiful sides of Kenya, the friendly people and the beautiful nature. But he now also knows what he has in Europe: You can eat kebab at four in the city center without fear of being robbed. And as a rule everyone has their rights here. In addition, Utz can pursue his work as a journalist unhindered.
- Beef consumption is recorded in Kautilyas Arthashastra
- Is the voltage regulator an induction regulator
- Anyone who owns or starts an internet magazine
- Why do people misjudge other people
- In what is space-time curved
- How to use reverse psychology on people
- What is Experts123
- Is the theory of the alternative universe scientifically possible
- Why do people act hard
- What is most interesting about surgery
- How can I learn guitar 2
- Are you going to give Donald Trump another term
- How many Americans earn over 50,000
- What is Bitcoin mining for laypeople
- Why are some people naturally superficial
- What does the symbol 45 mean?
- How do you smoke smarties
- California goes bankrupt
- How does inflation affect a country's currency?
- What is a random variable
- How adventurous are you when traveling
- What can i do in phuket
- Why are so many people unhappy
- Why Quora Feed sometimes appears like this
- Bartenders make good money
- How does Deep Blue work
- Are the stock markets efficient
- The Malay language has local dialects
- Which Portuguese dialect should I learn
- What is the most mysterious murder in your country
- Can dark matter be created from energy
- How is a preventable personality disorder treated?
- Which tree is used for paper mills
- Do therapists ever get nervous in the session