How do astrologers know everything about people?
astrology Looking for evidence
Average rating: 3.25 of 5 with 48 votes.
The way astrologers create horoscopes is impressive. Therefore, only a few question how the position of some celestial bodies can influence a person's personality in the first place. Is that really possible?
The first inconsistencies already arise when thinking logically: In astrology, the point in time at which a person sees the light of day is decisive. An early caesarean section could then completely turn a person's life upside down, while much more important factors such as the genetic material of the parents and the later social formation are ignored.
Aries now thanks to caesarean section - and another person?
Celestial bodies actually have certain forces of attraction - on earth they are so strong that we stick to it. However, the astrologically relevant planets are hundreds of thousands of kilometers away from us. How should the force, which may then still reach us, affect our fate?
The red planet: Thanks to its color, Mars stands for war and power.
It is even more dubious that the meanings of the celestial bodies stem only from superficial observations and associations: Mars shines red - and therefore stands for struggle and strength. Actual quantities such as the surface temperature are neglected. The angles at which the planets stand to one another, and even more so their meaning, only exist on paper.
The astrologers also do not agree on how to treat the planets discovered last: Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were simply integrated into the existing models afterwards - although they should have always influenced the horoscopes. An astro-logical explanation: They are so far away that their influence is negligible - astrology was therefore not wrong before, but it is more correct now. Other astrologers attribute functions to the planets that were not known in antiquity, such as "mutation". Incidentally, Pluto lost its planetary status again in 2006 ...
Zodiac signs are no longer correct
Precession, which has been known since ancient times, is also excluded in astrology: When the earth rotates around itself, the gravitational forces of the sun and moon stagger a little. In this way, it stays behind on its orbit around the sun by 0.01 degrees per year. Since the zodiac was established two thousand years ago, when the positions of the constellation and zodiac sign still matched, this deviation has added up to one twelfth of the annual cycle. This corresponds roughly to a constellation: For example, if you were born between March 21st and April 20th, according to astrology, the sun is actually only in the constellation Pisces.
Unsustainable from a scientific point of view
There is no physical explanation why the star interpretation should work at all. This is why the natural sciences have not dealt with their assumptions for centuries; they are considered to have been definitively refuted. Followers like to refer to supernatural powers that, of course, cannot be proven. Experience is also often cited, which has shown that astrology simply works. This, in turn, can be checked - with statistical methods.
"The Esoteric Test - Science or Humbug": on February 24, 2014 at 10 p.m. in "Fascination Knowledge", BR television
- Why are real estate prices falling
- Is the Inuit language an endangered language
- The word God is capitalized
- How durable are wooden patio furniture
- When was the first known biscuit made
- Does capitalism really exist?
- How did you completely change your personality
- What allows Singapore to be so rich
- How do you promote affiliate links
- Why is Starbucks coffee so bitter
- How will climate change affect your city
- Why isn't Fortnite banned yet?
- How do I control the desire
- How does corruption affect the middle class?
- What are the benefits of interviews
- Have you learned from communication skills
- What are some homemade bread recipes
- Can the human mind conjure up random ideas
- Why is the chi-square distribution important
- What are some examples of permutations
- Why is Drake popular? What is its appeal
- How do the British see the Chinese
- Why are Multi Doctor Specials generally awful
- What is Matt Mullenweg's salary