Should I turn to machine learning?
Artificial intelligence How machine learning can support medicine
In the future, pattern recognition should detect diseases much earlier than the general practitioner, and genome analyzes to identify genetically caused diseases should become more precise. But the AI also inspires scientists who think in a completely different direction, explained Dlf IT expert Maximilian Schönherr. For example, in the care of patients at home or in the home. For example, a Berlin start-up is currently working on an app that determines a value that plays a major role in elderly care: the index for mobility. It must always be reported to the medical service of the health insurance companies up-to-date.
Collect, unite, extrapolate data sets
Siemens Healthcare GmbH, on the other hand, is working on a different question: How can you capture the mass of patient data for nursing staff in such a way that work can be simplified and the urgency of patient concerns better assessed? The problem: demographic data is often available to the doctor, other medical data is sometimes distributed over several technical devices, and not all of them have internet access. Machine learning could help in the future that algorithms are scalable and generalizable and that they can also be used with more variables and more data. However, such AI programs and apps still have to be tested on real patient records. In general, the following applies in medicine: the expert and not the technology has the last word, explained Maximilian Schönherr in the Dlf.
Sensitive data and AI
In medicine in particular, a huge amount of sensitive data plays a decisive role. Therefore, data protection is extremely important. The IT in hospitals deals with the use of artificial intelligence, among other things, with the anonymization of data for research purposes.
In contrast to the previous conference, this time the amount of data that is needed for so-called deep learning also played a role. Large amounts of data are important in many areas, said Schönherr in the Dlf, if only to clarify whether an AI model works.
- Is Canada a good place to immigrate?
- What is a word that describes Mormons
- Are gaming chairs better than ergonomic chairs?
- What is the significance of MOOC
- Where in India is strawberry grown
- Should Quora rethink its real name policy
- How many dialects in American English
- How does the ecommerce Android app work
- How useful is math in everyday life
- Blogger is safe for blogging
- Lawyers represent themselves
- Is there any treatment for bipolar disease
- How much does a luxury yacht cost
- What is half of 23 8 56
- What is the best bluetooth wireless speaker
- The term person of color is offensive
- How can I stop being gay?
- Can an ultrasound detect an abdominal tumor
- All statistics are manipulated
- Will D Mart open a franchise
- Who is the most respected news anchor
- Would a tiger eat tiger meat
- How were the SA and the SS financed
- Fried noodles make you fat
- How to remove rust from aluminum
- Would AI be able to write code
- How do I solve by probability
- Hate girls in Europe thin men
- Where can I buy really cool hats
- Why is there affiliate marketing at all?
- What is the Human Design System
- Which TV show was Jay North on?
- What are Oreo cookies