How is measure theory used in microeconomics
Basics of microeconomics
The book offers a unique and thorough introduction to microeconomics. The starting question is why and how people organize economic activities. Based on this, an institutional economic perspective is developed, with the help of which the possibilities and limits of different types of markets (complete competition and external effects, monopoly, oligopoly) to reduce scarcity and to achieve other goals are examined. The book includes traditional models of rational behavior, but also integrates knowledge of behavioral economics and psychology in a systematic way. The approach of the book is characterized by two particularities. First, it develops an integrative approach that embeds the central results of economic research in a larger context of knowledge. In doing so, conclusions for the design of the legal system as well as for the development of corporate strategies are systematically developed, and the theories are subjected to a critical philosophical reflection and compared with the ideas of other social sciences. Second, the book places an emphasis on short as well as comprehensive case studies that facilitate an understanding of the importance of theories to our understanding of practice.
Microeconomics Philosophy of Economics Comparative advantage Supply and demand Individual and social behavior Monopolistic and oligopolistic competition Market failure
Authors and affiliations
- 1.Institute of EconomicsUniversity of St. Gallen Institute of EconomicsSt. Gallen Switzerland
About the authors
Martin Kolmar is Professor of Economics at the University of St. Gallen.
- How are Google Ads blocked
- Is Nathan Drake Uncharted a bad person
- What are some trap music artists
- Can we do CA to B com
- Can ferrets kill pet rabbits
- How did you improve your appearance
- What is Apache Hadoop 1
- Who can take the Jee exam
- Why do restaurants cater for vegans these days
- How do I write proposals for digital marketing
- Can you choke if you choke by the water?
- How can I start a painting business
- Older men like gay men
- How is infinity possible
- Is Scottish food healthy or unhealthy
- What is Connor Murphy's workout routine
- How long does MEPS
- What are the change management models
- Why are my muscles growing so slowly
- How do we show gratitude to the teachers
- What are some of your drawings sketches
- How do I start an email marketing company
- Is everything made of nothing 1
- What if Quora existed fifty years ago?